RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a little upset with myself this sunday. I went to Arlington to ride with atx riderz, one of the groups I ride with, when I get home my buddy Daniel (riding KTM RC8) sent me a pic, and a guy showed up to the airbenders ride at the race track gas station in McKinney tx on a sweet looking 06 rc51 black.

Shoot me a pm if you see this, and im sure if you keep riding with airbenders, im sure I will see you.

Till you moved here, there were onlt 2 rc51's in the dallas area. Now 3, Maybe shops will start stocking gaskets now. LOL

·
Registered
265 Posts
i bet there are more rcs in dallas than you think. def more than 3 i imagine.
good luck with you lost connection lol :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was thinking there were too, buy when I was calling around doing some research about getting my bike tuned (maps etc), and a valve check, 2 of the 5 guys I would trust to work on my bike commented about how there were very few in the area (within a fifty mile radius or so). I'm sure that molre than a few could be found in the State of texas a friend of Adrians at a&r motorsports, said there were 3 in the area he knew about, and his buddy just sold his to a guy in Oklahoma.

Of course he doesn't know of every bike in the Dallas area. Such a great machine, but with the heat down here in the summer. It was one of the things I considered before buying my Rc. I was down to an Aprilia RSVR Factory, and the Rc. I had a Falco, and loved it, but wanted something better for the track. I decided that thr Rc was the bike for me. Fit and finish on the Apes just was not up to par, and the Rc is a sweet looking and riding bike, and it is a Honda which = bulletproof. I will be adding the 2nd fan before the temp gets turned up to broil. LOL. Oh yea there was the issue of the Ape costing a few more $ too.

One thing I know for a fact, and that is that I LOVE my Rc, and am glad I made the choice I did. Went on a twisty run on sunday, it was 72, and sunny. We rode for about 160 miles on the twisties, not to mention the 35 or so miles each way down south of dallas.

Glad I made the choice I did,

·
Registered
265 Posts
yep gotta love it. its a hell of a bike. def different that any other bike i have ridden. im in Houston and know what you mean about the heat. my legs hate it. but as long as your moving its not to bad. if your ever in houston hit me up and ill show you some back roads.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey you found me... lol

there are more than you think.. this bike was hardly ridden but well maintained..

I know in Vegas there was only 6 Diavels i could account for, but i knew of about 10 RC51's in vegas.. Either way it isn't a normal cookie cutter rice rocket...

Friday looks like a gorgeous day to ride and i don't have school ,so if your free we should setup a ride. I'm new to the area , i don't know much, so you could show me the spots..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey you found me... lol

there are more than you think.. this bike was hardly ridden but well maintained..

I know in Vegas there was only 6 Diavels i could account for, but i knew of about 10 RC51's in vegas.. Either way it isn't a normal cookie cutter rice rocket...

Friday looks like a gorgeous day to ride and i don't have school ,so if your free we should setup a ride. I'm new to the area so i don't know much, so you could show me the spots..
I will pm u my # I was planning to ride on fri and sat. so just give me a call, and we will meet up to ride.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was a little upset with myself this sunday. I went to Arlington to ride with atx riderz, one of the groups I ride with, when I get home my buddy Daniel (riding KTM RC8) sent me a pic, and a guy showed up to the airbenders ride at the race track gas station in McKinney tx on a sweet looking 06 rc51 black.

Shoot me a pm if you see this, and im sure if you keep riding with airbenders, im sure I will see you.

Till you moved here, there were onlt 2 rc51's in the dallas area. Now 3, Maybe shops will start stocking gaskets now. LOL

mine is over here in Rockwall....but its a trackbike...sooo if you see it in Dallas, it means ALOT of modes of transportation are unavailable for me to make it into class. :D you'll either see my yellow and purple cbr f3 or my white honda fit

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine is over here in Rockwall....but its a trackbike...sooo if you see it in Dallas, it means ALOT of modes of transportation are unavailable for me to make it into class. :D you'll either see my yellow and purple cbr f3 or my white honda fit
Im in Rowlett, and will be trying to ride 15 track days this season, Im sure I will run into you at the track

1 - 11 of 11 Posts