RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
That sucks! I can't believe it's not on tv again this year.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Turn left ! :D :) j/k

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Rider line up being announced and sighting lap underway...

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty solid action in this race, love the drafting lead changes.:cool:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
^ Yeah it was good up until that lengthy red flag, glad they're back racing again...

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
WoW Great Finish!!! I thought the announcer was going to blow his microphone right up :D

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
^ Yeah, I thought the announcer was gonna have a heart attack at the finish ! LOL

*** spoiler alert below ***

It was an "OK" 200 but there were a few "WTFs" IMHO (this is just one fan's observation and not a knock against any specific rider btw):

A) It's sad to see the AMA races (especially the 200) knocked down to internet video streaming with no TV deal here in the US. If only motorcycling (and sportbikes) in general were more popular like they are in other parts of the world... :(

B) There seemed to be a HUGE discrepancy in riding equipment. Or, was it riding talent perhaps (?).

Couldn't help but notice the "usual suspects" up front; the Eslicks, Mays, Rapps and Herrins of the sport. It was nice to see Mesa and Skubic challenge at times but the rest of the field appeared to be WAY off the pace.

C) Speaking of slower/lapped riders, where were the blue flags? Maybe I was watching the wrong camera angle (it was nice to have 3 available camera choices btw) but lapped traffic was constantly getting in the way of the leaders.

Did the AMA not have enough track/corner workers to man the flags or was race control asleep?

D) Did it seem like every bike/rider that went down brought out a red flag? I'm not trying to be overly critical with the officials/race control when it comes to rider safety but it appeared that many of those who took a spill were out of harms way and that a local yellow (or entire track yellow?) would have sufficed.

Were the red flags to give the ambulances the right of way and cut across the track surface? It wasn't clear to me based on the track layout, anyone know?

E) What was up with the "can't touch the rest of the bike" rule while refueling in the pits? The one race where pitstop strategy comes into play and the riders' pit crews are effectively all handicapped?

In summary, I'm not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" with my observations but hope others will chime in and comment about some of the race specifics or questions that were raised, thanks. Just to be clear, I was thankful to be able to watch the race and kill a few hours of my Saturday afternoon. The finish was quite exciting. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts