RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda RVT1000R
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the decibels are for satos? I’m interested in having my first track day at Thunderhill Raceway park in Cali. Their website says they have a DB limit of 103 and I was wondering if my pig is too loud

·
Registered
314 Posts
If your bike was louder than that , you wouldn't be riding much without ear plugs. I've got a decibel meter , upper 90's is LOUD , over 100 is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2003 Honda RVT1000R
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your bike was louder than that , you wouldn't be riding much without ear plugs. I've got a decibel meter , upper 90's is LOUD , over 100 is ridiculous.
Ah sweet, I should be fine then. It’s not THAT loud. I asked bc I know some people sometimes get baffles bc of cheesy track rules but Thunderhill seems fairly lenient

·
Registered
168 Posts
My local track has a 103 limit and I've never been flagged. I run banzai M4's with no baffle.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You will be fine, lots of RSV4's running Austin Racing pipes, and some loud ass R1's and Gixxers. You won't even notice your bike - I run the Akros, and am one of the quietest bikes out there...

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Most of our tracks are limited at 92-94 Db. No issues with my Yosh cans but I do run the extra baffles in them. Be damned if I'll drive 17 hours there and back to get meat-ball flagged. Most of the guys that get flagged are on I-4s, our twins are not much issue it seems.

Reactions: Joe XR

·
Registered
2003 Honda RVT1000R
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most of our tracks are limited at 92-94 Db. No issues with my Yosh cans but I do run the extra baffles in them. Be damned if I'll drive 17 hours there and back to get meat-ball flagged. Most of the guys that get flagged are on I-4s, our twins are not much issue it seems.
I figured the inlines would be smoother than our twin piggies. Thankfully I'm less than two hours away but I'd be pretty unhappy if I got meat-balled

·
Registered
2003 Honda RVT1000R
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You will be fine, lots of RSV4's running Austin Racing pipes, and some loud ass R1's and Gixxers. You won't even notice your bike - I run the Akros, and am one of the quietest bikes out there...
Awesome - thanks! I'm gunna take a risk and slide right through and see what they say

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
The only track out here in Cali that I am aware of that has DB limits is Laguna Seca. Buttonwillow and Thunder Hill don't care how loud you are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts