RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any intrest in doing a Deals gap/Tail of the Dragon area ride this year? I have reservations at The Pumpkni center that I can use till mid June from last year.. Might be fun to get a few of us together to ride and hang out for a few days. Its a ton of fun with alot of nice roads. And unlike previous years they banned semi's from both ends of 121 last year....

·
Registered
87 Posts
I’ll be there from May 1st to the 12th. Was there last year at the same time, saw a couple of RC’s then, but always going the opposite direction, never hooked up.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I would be there, being that i live an hour from HWY129..
Keep us informed, on the exact days..
ooooohhhhh How I envy you chaps......
Chaos ???? Any word on those pegs man !!!! Seems you forget...All good though, I am sure your a busy guy:D

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Anyone have any intrest in doing a Deals gap/Tail of the Dragon area ride this year? I have reservations at The Pumpkni center that I can use till mid June from last year.. Might be fun to get a few of us together to ride and hang out for a few days. Its a ton of fun with alot of nice roads. And unlike previous years they banned semi's from both ends of 121 last year....
Make sure you catch the Cherohala Skyway too....enjoy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Devils triangle is the one I really want to hit anlong with i think it was hwy 36. I have the hiway wrote down somewere. Its in Sc. and makes the tail look like a straight road. Dont know if its as nice as he said or if it even exsists but I guess I'll find out...

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Devils triangle is the one I really want to hit anlong with i think it was hwy 36. I have the hiway wrote down somewere. Its in Sc. and makes the tail look like a straight road. Dont know if its as nice as he said or if it even exsists but I guess I'll find out...
Post more detail when you find it.....I will be in North Carolina some time for vacation. The more I can ride the better my vacation.:D

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
.I will be in North Carolina some time for vacation. The more I can ride the better my vacation.:D
Thank God -your not coming to NC,for some F'n RainBow Family Gathering . . :D
I would hope you give a call M.Buyer when you get down this way, Tail of the Dragon ain't the only challenge here in the mountain....:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maggie Valley is probably where I will end up staying.

Check out here Dallasca....http://maggievalley.org/index-welcome.html

I gotta keep the wife and kids happy while Dad sneaks away...:D
Thanks for the suggestion but allready got the kids and wife coverd for only 400 bucks for a private cabin w ac/ and no neibours to near buy, and all the comforts of home, a stream and small full of trout. Plus only about 20 minutes to shopping for them. Plus the kids love to fish. They got horses as well lots 2 do there. Plus It rite at the junction of 129 and I believe 72. so I dont have to pull a trailer with my dually crewcab on the tail its self and all I do is jump on the bike and were riding!! I have to save as much money with this econemy in the tank.. It may just me and a few cough cough CBR's going..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts