Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to all for their entries for the December 2014 Bike Of The Month (BOTM) contest!!
No further entries are allowed at this time.
For those who missed the entry period, please try again next month.

Now it's time to vote which bike should receive BOTM for December 2014.
The following entries are:

Clutchless45

Duckhunter

Jake

DHC Carbon Fiber Snorkel
CRG Clutch and Brake Levers
Galfer Front and Rear Brake lines
Fiberglass Radiator Air Scoops
Spal Pusher Fans
Carbon Fiber Radiator Fins
Proton Flushmount Turn Signals
Aftermarket Undertail
Carbon Fiber Front Fender
Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen
Corbin Seat
Ohlins H0204 Rear Shock
TechG Rearsets
Lockhart-Phillips Frame Sliders
Sato Titanium Low Mount Slip-ons
Carbon Fiber Rear Tire Hugger
Power Commander III Usb w/ Custom Map
Shorai Lithium Battery
Healtech Speedohealer
520 Chain Conversion with 16/43 gearing
600RR Spark Plug Coil Mod
Scotts Steering Damper
Soft-Rev Mod
Flapper Valve Mod
Pair Valve Mod

samofsj

·
Registered
469 Posts
did samofsj submit a picture with a flat tire? lol

gonna have to give clutchless the nod this month for the holiday spirit.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Nice bikes fellas and good luck! Looks like another tight competition.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
My vote goes to Duckhunter. All the cool components on it would be anybody's wet christmas dream. A red nose & antlers don't do it for me. :eek::p:D

Seriously, anybody who has been watching this bike develop knows it deserves to be BOTY... At least, I think so! :D

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Strong compliments my good friend Stig - Again mine is not completed as seen here... I am closer this time around though ! :)

We all deserve a fair shot at it - But a stock bike with Antlers and a red nose blocking the ram air :eek::eek::eek: ? Sheesh :p

Happy holidays gents. :cool:
Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Just goes to show, presentation counts as much as the bike. atm, those antlers and Rudolf nose are in the lead.

This months pictures show some nice bikes, but no creativity or concern for the backdrop.
The bikes are nice enough, but a picture of it with a flat tire next to a busy hwy?

These are beautiful bikes - I know because complete strangers tell me on occasion. Their styling has stood the test of time.
How about putting a little effort into a picture you're going to submit for Bike of the Month.
Just sayn...

Sorry for my pessimism.
Tough love.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
LOL. Not a rolling chassis yet and I have no desire to have my entire complex starring at my project while I do some silly photo shoot.
I try to keep my RC and the projects around it at a discretion as I am the property manager around here.
Pretty sure the attempted thefts were " locals " so sorry for not putting in " the effort " :rolleyes::cool:

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Duckhunter, with a couple tarps hanging on the wall, and some mood lighting ( :D ), maybe some 'artistic' camera angles, your picture could have been a lot more alluring.
The last time you submitted a picture for botm, I voted for yours, and said many of the same things that Stig said this month. But that picture had more appeal. I seem to remember being able to see more of all those aftermarket goodies you have on the bike...

Look, I'm not trying to be photo Nazi here, and I'm not picking on just your bike. I'm just pointing out that these pictures aren't all that exciting. imo

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Hey no issue here - Just saying that I am not gonna roll on a whole photo shoot for an incomplete bike. I got more then a few comments last year saying I should not even be allowed to submit it. LOL.

Just wait - I am in it to win it next year as I am nearly done with this never ending piggy bank. :)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just goes to show, presentation counts as much as the bike. atm, those antlers and Rudolf nose are in the lead.

This months pictures show some nice bikes, but no creativity or concern for the backdrop.
The bikes are nice enough, but a picture of it with a flat tire next to a busy hwy?

These are beautiful bikes - I know because complete strangers tell me on occasion. Their styling has stood the test of time.
How about putting a little effort into a picture you're going to submit for Bike of the Month.
Just sayn...

Sorry for my pessimism.
Tough love.
When I took my pic it was 22 degrees out. Sorry man, this time of year this is as creative as I'm willing to get with my RC.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ride an RC51 with a blocked intake? Really? Can't believe someone would even think that on this forum of anybody here. Heaven forbid your daughter asks you to make the bike look like Rudolph so she can sit on it and you happen to share a pic of it with the guys on your forum in a show of holiday spirit. All Nice bikes on here and all standup guys. I'd never knock anybodys ride. Love my Seattle area RC51 Brothers, Best guys I ever rode with. RC51 guys rule all around in my book. Luckyadam, Torquedork, Travis, Jetfuel, Corrugated, Nathan all kickass dudes!
I love seeing all the bikes entered in the BOTM. In whole or Part, Decorated or not. As long as it's not stretched out with Neon lights though!! Anyway I'm done.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Ryan, I know how meticulous you are with your bike, and it's definitely one of the cleanest I've seen. I also couldn't agree more with your decision to keep it stock. When you get that SP2 it's going to be one crazy b....
It is much harder to find one of these bikes not cut up with aftermarket goodies on them.
Matt, I also know the amount of time and energy you have put on yours. I absolutely can't wait to see and hear it with those Ladybirds on next year's ride.
This has been a really tough decision as I consider both of you friends and know how much you guys take care of them.
I have to go with Clutchless on this one. Duck, no offense buddy. I have seen his bike in person, and as much as he rides it, it's a museum piece!

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts