RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time now for the December 2017 BOTM contest!

1) PM me with a link to the best photo of your bike.
2) Entries will be received for the 1st week, and voting will commence on the 2nd week of the month.
3) At the end of the 2nd week, the Bike Of The Month (BOTM) winner will be announced.
4) That month's BOTM winner will not be allowed to compete in further BOTM contests for the remainder of the year.
5) Those that did not win will be allowed to compete next month.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sub,

I dont have a link to the bike pic but I have pics of various sizes...is there a way to submit a pic instead of a link?

Derrel

·
Registered
248 Posts
hmmm, wondering why you didnt respond to mr repsol the same....Everyone is going to see them anyway so whats the point? strange.....

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I responded to the whole thread. Not a particular post.

You seem to have taken it personally by your own accord

The whole point is for entrants to not know who has entered. Maybe people wont join now because you have.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
those are 2 incredibly unique & good looking bikes!

appears to be a good pair for a BOM contest in my opinion ..

especially when some months there are 0 entries

shouldn't matter if the pics are posted here in the comments or not ..

but ultimately that's up to Sub who is the moderator

·
Premium Member
439 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it’s private, who votes? How does this work?
Only members can vote in polls, so visitors can't decide.

Since some popular photo hosting sites started demanding money for 3rd party linking (photobucket), it's made it a bit difficult for some to send photos.
Links to photos on cloud storage sites has been chancy if anonymous access isn't setup.
One way is to post your photo in the gallery of members bikes and send the link.

Additionally, overall activity on this site has been slow starting about 2 years ago, and for several months there were no entries at all.
I've been contemplating ending the BOTM/BOTY after this year. At least for a while (this happened several years ago until I took over the job).
But if members still want to have it, I'll still post the monthly requests and polls.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Only members can vote in polls, so visitors can't decide.

Since some popular photo hosting sites started demanding money for 3rd party linking (photobucket), it's made it a bit difficult for some to send photos.
Links to photos on cloud storage sites has been chancy if anonymous access isn't setup.
One way is to post your photo in the gallery of members bikes and send the link.

Additionally, overall activity on this site has been slow starting about 2 years ago, and for several months there were no entries at all.
I've been contemplating ending the BOTM/BOTY after this year. At least for a while (this happened several years ago until I took over the job).
But if members still want to have it, I'll still post the monthly requests and polls.
If members can't figure out how to post their pictures here when this site has free picture storage, then why not just post a quick link to a guide to do so in every thread and make the competition require that usage 0:) . That way old threads don't lose their pictures either.

I enjoy the BOTM threads even though I've never put my bike in. Your work is much appreciated. I'd like to see it kept. And if no bike is submitted then you should designate a bike of the month. I think you have a good eye and can vary it from modded to OEM to new members over time. You can keep it interesting. I don't think activity is going to change much on the site from what it has in the last year.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am new to the forums but I do like the idea of BOTM/Y. If it's a pain in the ass, then maybe change it to bike of the quarter? Either way, my bike has a LONG way to go before even being considered for BOTANYTHING... With that said, best of luck to those who go for Dec.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Only because you have seemed to shit on people quite a bit in the past....
How old are you?
Just curious at what age people are allowed to own a motorcycle where you live,
nothing personal pal.... >:)

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If members can't figure out how to post their pictures here when this site has free picture storage, then why not just post a quick link to a guide to do so in every thread and make the competition require that usage 0:) . That way old threads don't lose their pictures either.

I enjoy the BOTM threads even though I've never put my bike in. Your work is much appreciated. I'd like to see it kept. And if no bike is submitted then you should designate a bike of the month. I think you have a good eye and can vary it from modded to OEM to new members over time. You can keep it interesting. I don't think activity is going to change much on the site from what it has in the last year.
Both valid ideas.

Since there are photos of members bikes spanning several years in the gallery, perhaps a "featured" bike would be nice, as many post their bikes in the gallery, but don't bother with entering in the monthly competition.

This would (in my opinion) balance the scale more fairly with those who can't afford to blow chunks of cash for expensive (and hard to find) performance goodies as I've noticed the bikes with the bling usually get the win.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
@SubSailor - Maybe we should consider running the BOTM every-other-month instead (ie - Jan/Feb, Mar/Apr, etc) to help with the lack of monthly entries ?

That would still make for 6 winners in a calendar year, which is still probably a decent pool to pick a BOTY as well...

My .02 :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts