RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

DHC is no longer taking further orders at this time.

Life changing events over the last month have landed me on the move with my home, shop and I have also started a new day job with an Aerospace Company producing custom composites for the Aircraft, Electric car and Military markets leaving me with little time for DHC.

Any orders placed prior to May 15th 2016 are in progress and will be delivered.

Due to lack of interest / product support here on RC51 forums I am pulling my site sponsorship / Vendor status as well.

Thanks everyone it has been great to be a Vendor here.

Cheers,
Matt
DHC

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
that's too bad Matt. good luck with your new ventures. glad I got everything I needed while it was available.

now let's watch for predatory used air box sales at larger margins.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Matt I'm disappointed to hear you will no longer be a vendor here on the forums

That being said I totally understand life changes & you're pursuing a new career to provide for your family as I've recently gone through similar circumstances

Best wishes for the next chapter of your life

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's too bad Matt. good luck with your new ventures. glad I got everything I needed while it was available.

now let's watch for predatory used air box sales at larger margins.
Still want this undertail I made for you ? Just waiting on a jig before I send it out... ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thats a bummer, I had a list of things I want from you but was doing suspension stuff first. If you change your mind I'll re prioritize.

N

·
0 Posts
Matt,

I'm really sorry to hear this but I understand and support you in taking care of your family first. Thank you for everything you've done for the community and for the superior craftsmanship you exhibit with your products; your passion and attention to detail are second to none. I'll hold onto the dream that you can clone yourself and begin making all the parts we've discussed that I haven't been able to order from you yet. Good luck.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks for all the wonderful products you made for me. New job sounds sweet, you getting to fabricate things with that talent of yours, very cool.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Bummer...I wanted a snorkel and a airbox...you've been great to deal with, I'll miss you....best of luck...

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Waldo, I got a nice set of Twill bodywork here with your name on it. Lets get in touch.:wink2:

Sad to hear. I guess I never will get that dream closed-top airbox I've been searching for all these years.
No worries on that one @SubSailor, I need one myself so it is gonna be a reality man.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats a bummer, I had a list of things I want from you but was doing suspension stuff first. If you change your mind I'll re prioritize.
Sorry but my mind is set, for the time being everything is on hold until further notice.

Matt,

I'm really sorry to hear this but I understand and support you in taking care of your family first. Thank you for everything you've done for the community and for the superior craftsmanship you exhibit with your products; your passion and attention to detail are second to none. I'll hold onto the dream that you can clone yourself and begin making all the parts we've discussed that I haven't been able to order from you yet. Good luck.
Hey Stuart, You have to of been one of my most favorite customers to have dealt with ( I have had a lot ) as your just a straight up dude with a cool personality from what feel from our emails. Glad to have dealt with you sir. I have your undertail here just waiting on a box of 10 led lights at this time and it will be shipped.

Thanks for all the wonderful products you made for me. New job sounds sweet, you getting to fabricate things with that talent of yours, very cool.
Eric, very sorry the Airbox took that long to sort out for you but you and I are the only ones with that type of Snorkel / Airbox combo - I hope you enjoy them as I do mine, and your battery tray is soon to be with you.:wink2:

Bummer...I wanted a snorkel and a airbox...you've been great to deal with, I'll miss you....best of luck...
Thanks, I am sure some nice used stuff will pop up. Durbahn is still producing too... Rumors on facebook are that T1 is making a comeback but I have yet to see any evidence of this or any product for that matter.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Real shame but totally understandable. I'm glad I got my orders in before the cut off.. Sad I didn't place more orders with you at the time as I was planning much more.
All the very best Matt.

Jay

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good luck with the new career change!
Maybe lots of hi tech stuff to play with
Hey Simon! THANKS! Let me know if you see any 929 stuff I may be into?

At the new job everything is vacuum bagged and we are using some prepreg stuff with the UAV items.
Mostly aircraft composites using fiberglass though... Really interesting tooling.
Thermoforming windows and resin infusion as well and some other really neat stuff with the electric cars building entire composite chassis using composite honeycomb sheets CNC machined and bonded together with aluminum front and rear subframes that bolt in place.
Neat stuff I really enjoy it.

I'm sorry I waited so long.
Not sure what happened, never heard back from you...

Real shame but totally understandable. I'm glad I got my orders in before the cut off.. Sad I didn't place more orders with you at the time as I was planning much more.
All the very best Matt.

Jay
Thanks and I will be in touch.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Sorry to hear this Matt. It's been great to watch you build your business from the ground up. It sounds like you are on to a great career though. Best of luck! Please keep in touch and let me know where things stand with my snorkel.

LouW

1 - 20 of 28 Posts