RC51 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting for a service manual to download for my 2002 Express van. Chevrolet has a bulletin for their failing fuel pumps and fpr's and with 120,000 on my van, I'm on my third fuel pump failure. I've found that almost the entire wiring harness consists of Mexican made wiring, and the gauges of wiring they chose were barely adequate to do the job. When brand new. So with age and use, I find myself chasing connectors, fuses, and especially grounds to clean and di-electric grease.
But this time, I'm going to try running a heavier power wire and ground to the new fuel-pump and see if that will help. I hate Chevrolet. I'll never buy a GM product again. :mad:

Thanks to all the members on this board who have contributed so much general knowledge.
I've learned a lot here and am able to take on much more automotive repairs as a result. :) :) :)

If anyone has any comments about my fuel system in the van, please chime in. It's a 2002 Chev Express. 3500 (one ton) with their 5.7L gas engine.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I feel your pain....I try to keep vehicles until they die too. Truck wise, GM is all I would buy due to the Japanese trucks costing too damn much. Just have to pay attention to where they are assembled. Ft Wayne or Flint Michigan for the big trucks.

It doesn't matter what maker you try jd, they are all going to Mexico for the cheap labor. Even that is a tough proposition these days.:rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts