RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
You mean like these? I got them to match the fork tubes. They are solid and nice and fat.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
I haven't heard anything bad abut them. Driven is a pretty good company with decent products. I had a set of clip ons from them and they were nice. I'm just not into the look, just not my taste. A little too blingy to for me.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I've got them installed on my VTR250 and I tried them on one of my 1000RR's. They are ok on a show bike or starbucks queen, but for serious use they are complete shit. The Rubber is way too soft and thin and while the metal rings look cool they do not provide the feel that I think is appropriate for aggressive riding.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I agree, they aren't the greatest for spirited riding but I get by considering most of my miles are commuting and occasional canyons.

Any good recs for a full rubber grip that is a little fatter than average? Once I find some in black I will get two sets so I can mix-match to correspond to my jacked up paws. I can't grasp the regular sized grips very well with my right hand. I don't gorilla grip my bars but I had my hand repaired after a mx crash as a kid and it's never been the same (nerve damage and shortened lig)

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Thanks, I'll try to track some down and give em a shot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mmm, maybe i'll leave the driven ones then.

Just out of interest how are the standard ones, theres a honda spares dealer in the uk with some for a reasonable price?

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I literally just picked up a set of the ones LDH mentioned from Motorcycle-Superstore. Can't beat 8 bucks!

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts