RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone have any decent experience of using a dry break on their fuel line? Or can recommend a fitting and kit?

I am about to fit the Beater tank and want a better solution for the fuel lines..

What say you?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I'm using a Jitty-Tite 2000-series drybreak coupler for my main feed line to the throttle body in conjunction with a 12mm Banjo to AN-6 male fittings at fuel pump assembly and throttle body.

I looked at Staubli, Goodridge, etc., and while of excellent quality, they were way, way more expensive than Jitty-Tite.
When I compared prices for Staubli, they were $150 each for AN-6 plug and socket ($300 total), whereas Jiffy-Tite 2000-series AN-6 was $32 for the socket, and $24 for the plug ($56 total).

When using the 12mm Banjo to AN-6 male fitting, I found a clearance issue due to the overall length of the banjo fitting plus drybreak coupler not allowing fitment of the braided hose to the drybreak coupler.
I fitted a 45 degree AN-6 female swivel to male fitting to the banjo fitting to straighten out the bend.
I would prefer not to have to do this, but it is very difficult to locate 12mm banjo to AN fittings, and I had to use what I could locate.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Just remember not to confuse quick-disconnect with dry-break when ordering whatever coupler you choose.

They are both quick-disconnectable by nature, but a dry-break coupler prevents spillage while a quick-disconnect doesn't.

Also, be sure you order the coupler with the proper seal material for gasoline/ethanol as opposed to brake fluid or even nitromethane.

The dry-break couplers can come configured for fuel use or brake use, so different seal material is used.

I myself, like the bayonet type dry-break couplers as I feel it's easier for one-hand operation, but the price comparison is just too slanted towards the Jitty-Tite to pass up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts