RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the deal is on shipping from Canada, specifically from Matt’s area? Also haven’t been able to get a response from him in a couple of months. Been waiting for carbon endurance fairing for long time now. Anyone?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m in the same boat as you, been waiting since January for a fender, and can’t get a response from him either. I know you can ship from Canada to the US because I’ve gotten other shipments from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I'm in Canada and have been successfully shipping fan brackets to the states with Canada post. I've sent them all through the pandemic, the service is a bit slower but they're all still making it.

The longest shipping time was to Australia. Took almost 6 weeks.

·
Registered
2001 RC51, 2018 Aprilia Tuono
16 Posts
No issues with borders for me, including sending stuff to US and buying parts from US, UK, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands. It is a wee bit slower than it used to be, but not by much. It did get really slow for a time around mid-summer, but they seem to have figured it out. Shipping via USPS and Canada Post seems to clear extra quickly, often same day.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Matt is currently swamped with work and is doing the best he can to get everyone's orders out. He is a one-man operation and COVID restrictions have not helped. I am in contact with him quite often and he assures me that he is doing his best to get everything done and out the door. I've been waiting for some time for parts as well, but I understand his position and remain patient. He is not the type to take the money and run, he is just extremely busy.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK so Matt saw the post and replied to my email. Says they are in stage 3 lockdown. Don’t know what that implies but I’ve received shipments from Vancouver,BC and all over. My most recent Pro-Bolts order was filled in 4 days!! Usually they take a couple weeks. Since he says he will forward tracking as soon as he has it I’m assuming (I know, I know) that he is shipping and the stage 3, whatever that is, doesn’t affect shipping.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Matt with come through, even if not when he thought...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just received 2 of his carbon/Kevlar tool trays. Took a week from the time he shipped to arrive to me in FL. He always responded quickly thru his DHC page on fb

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just received an email from Matt advising me to take down my post which he describes as a public attack. If I don’t he will take further action. There is nothing in my post that is untrue. I only wished to get a response from someone to find out if he was unable to ship due to Covid restrictions. I had posted on his Facebook 2 months ago inquiring about my parts but got nothing until this posting. I’ve been very patient with this but it’s really getting out of hand. My money is long gone with no fairing or chin cowl to show for it. But I do get threats from Matt regarding my “bad publicity”. I really don’t see any other course for me other than rely on Matt’s honesty to deliver what was paid for long ago. Matt basically holds all the cards, this is the last one I have to play and I waited and thought this over for a long time before doing so. There is more to the story but I’m trying to minimize the negativity around this so hopefully we can come to a positive resolution. Thanks for listening guys.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Matt might be mad but he's honest...he's a 1-man shop and his work I bought was late but excellent, best of luck....

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Nothing about this post surprises me one bit. A reputable small business stops taking orders when they have too many to fulfill in a reasonable time. A reputable small business does not get bent the moment you ask a legitimate question pertaining to “where’s my shit?”. These problems are far from an isolated incident. He has a solid track record of pissing off customers. If you kiss his ass and don’t question anything, you’ll probably get your stuff anywhere between a month and a year. If it doesn’t fit right, keep your mouth shut!
Sorry that your stuck in it now, wish you the best and hope you get your product or get your money back.

I can’t figure out how this guy is still in business.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know what the deal is on shipping from Canada, specifically from Matt’s area? Also haven’t been able to get a response from him in a couple of months. Been waiting for carbon endurance fairing for long time now. Anyone?
Matt's stuff is top quality. Recently I ordered some exhaust brackets from him and they never arrived. We both gave it several months and nothing showed up. Finally, he sent me another set and they arrived in less then one week. My previous purchase from him arrived in less then a week. I've heard shipping is slow out of Canada but I believe the first set just got lost. I promised him I'd return them if they ever arrive.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quality is not the issue. Paying for goods and never receiving them is the issue. $890 and nothing to show for it. This wasn’t my first transaction with Matt. I have a cf under tail, cf large hugger, cf ram air, exhaust clamps, battery front mount and 2 tool trays. All very good quality and the hugger I thought was exceptional. So I feel I was a pretty good customer. I had intentions for more DHC product until this issue. Now I feel like he’s saying go away, don’t bother me. I’ve remained silent on the web until now and that has been a long time. He tells me to take down these post but he could resolve the problem by shipping the goods. It’s been 10 months since he said parts were ready. So why didn’t he ship? That was before Covid protocols started. My original order was June 2, 2018. So TDC, BadtotheBown, jsedacca, how long would you be patient?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been waiting for nearly 12 weeks for a pair of fairings and nose cowlings. The most Ive gotten from him is he is a few weeks behind. I'm not rushing Matt but I did expect a bit more transparency and updates given I did pay him upfront. Saying that, I dont know his situation up there and he's always done right by me so the wait continues. I will NOT attack him or his business as I know he is a one man show producing some of the most unique items available for our bikes. He make some GREAT parts so patience, A LOT, is in order.

·
Administrator
1,240 Posts
I've been waiting for nearly 12 weeks for a pair of fairings and nose cowlings. The most Ive gotten from him is he is a few weeks behind. I'm not rushing Matt but I did expect a bit more transparency and updates given I did pay him upfront. Saying that, I dont know his situation up there and he's always done right by me so the wait continues. I will NOT attack him or his business as I know he is a one man show producing some of the most unique items available for our bikes. He make some GREAT parts so patience, A LOT, is in order.
Matt has been in a Stage 3 Lockdown since March of 2020. Also, some of the messages he has gotten has ended up in his Spam folder which is why the dalayed response. This COVID nightmare has affected all of us in unique ways, unfortunately in Matt's case he's in almost complete lockdown. I understand your frustration because of the delay, as well as his for being locked down. Let's keep the lines of communication going with him and off the forum. Keep me in the loop through PM......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quality is not the issue. Paying for goods and never receiving them is the issue. $890 and nothing to show for it. This wasn’t my first transaction with Matt. I have a cf under tail, cf large hugger, cf ram air, exhaust clamps, battery front mount and 2 tool trays. All very good quality and the hugger I thought was exceptional. So I feel I was a pretty good customer. I had intentions for more DHC product until this issue. Now I feel like he’s saying go away, don’t bother me. I’ve remained silent on the web until now and that has been a long time. He tells me to take down these post but he could resolve the problem by shipping the goods. It’s been 10 months since he said parts were ready. So why didn’t he ship? That was before Covid protocols started. My original order was June 2, 2018. So TDC, BadtotheBown, jsedacca, how long would you be patient?
My dealings with Matt have been very limited (Carbon airbox back in 2014) which arrived quickly and then the 2 tool trays which arrived in a week once he shipped. I would feel the same way as you after spending close to 1k and still not have anything to show for it. I understand he is a one man shop, but like others have said, he needs to be realistic with what orders he can fulfill and promptness of shipping when he is taking the full payment up front. Hope something works out for you and receive the remainder of your parts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts