RC51 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
I've been away for a while, but I have seen the outcry and complaints on FB regarding the delays and disgruntled customers. I'm a longtime member and consider Matt a friend and willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I do have concerns on this. I've waited very patiently for an item I ordered and paid up front for almost two years ago, but no joy on receiving it (yet). I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon and go off ion a tirade on things. My hugger isn't going to make Matt rich and it sure isn't going to break my bank either. In Matt's defense he did contact me some many months ago and told me he was doing his best to get my product to me. However, I do consider it prudent that communication is relevant in this matter. Please Matt, talk to us. We (at least me anyways) don't want to antagonize you with threats and slanderous allegations.
Daryl

·
Registered
2001 RC51, 2018 Aprilia Tuono
16 Posts
I've seen similar struggles in the guitar and bass world, where someone makes something awesome for a niche market (a cool pickup or pedal, for example), then struggles to keep up with demand because it's usually a sideline for them, and they're often better craftspeople than businesspeople. There's no malintent, just a gradually growing waitlist that eventually becomes out of hand. Usually it goes along with a desire to keep people happy, so there's a reluctance to be up front with bad news (i.e. you're not getting your bit for a year). Sometimes it also goes along with some financial errors which place the seller in a position of being unable to refund buyers because the money has all been spent.

Obviously, I have zero evidence that this is happening here, but some of the patterns seem awfully similar. Where I've seen sellers right the ship is when they slow new orders way down by being brutally honest, even pessimistic, with buyers about delivery times, then catch up with the business they have. Sadly, it's more common that they shut down operations because the stress is too much.

Covid has affected a lot of businesses in unexpected ways (see the difficulty getting rubber bits, for example), so there's a good possibility that the supply chain has been interrupted somewhere. I will say that Canada has had minimal limitations until recently, as our case count was quite low over the summer. Really the only limits have been wearing masks in indoor businesses (big whoop), spacing in lines, and seating limitations in restaurants. This is changing now, though, as our numbers are climbing fast.

I don't know Matt at all, but I'm pulling for him as a fellow Canuck and someone who makes cool stuff. Anyone who makes quality gear deserves a break, as being unwilling to compromise on that quality is often part of the reason they fall behind. If I were ordering something (and I may do soon, regardless of delay), I'd prefer to wait and have it be great than have it sooner but maybe flawed in some way.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
You and I are of like minds. Thanks for that.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hoping to get some positive result for me anyway by posting here. So far haven’t heard anything new since Matt whined about my posting. Admin says he’s looking into it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well......admin says no response from Matt but will try again. So does the COVID restriction prevent sending a box to California? I just don’t get it. He told me “parts are ready” in January. Can’t understand why it couldn’t be shipped in the 11 months since. After I posted here he sent email saying he would send tracking info. Nothing so far. Looking on his Facebook page he was making and shipping up to at least Sometime in March of this year. I guess my 2 YEAR & 6 MONTH wait doesn’t rate any priority.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
i'm in edmonton (the province next door), and i've been shipping and receiving items (many to people on these boards) this whole time. we have had covid restrictions since march, have had business closures and the like, but the postal service is deemed essential and has been open this whole time. just have to wear a mask when you go to the post office.

i'm unaware of anywhere in canada having restrictions that disallow the use of the postal service.

·
Administrator
1,240 Posts
I've urged Duckhunter to at least come on this thread and say something...anything. Perhaps explain the delay? Maybe let everyone know that he's doing what he can do? He is good at what he does, and members here aren't unreasonable in asking why the delay. I'll continue to do what I can in getting this resolved behind the scenes while remaining neutral, which I honestly hope is done.....but this silence isn't helping.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts