RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
checked the archives and did not see much about these tires. Does anyone run these or has run them ? If so, I have a few questions as it has been a VERY long time since I have run Dunlop's.

• How do they compare to the Pirelli Super Corsa >
  • What should I expect from this tire traction wise / comfort wise?
  • Do you notice a ride difference from the 2 different compounds ?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'v run arosso corsa 190/50 and now 190/55 and also 190/55 supercorsa and i preffer rosso corsa.The same feeling but for longer cos different compound will give me about 1200mile on rosso and on supercorsa i'v done only 700miles!
And also different between 190/50 and 109/55 is MAAAASSSSIVE!!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi J Dog ....the track day set of Supermax will run me $150 installed. Have a good friend with WAY more $$ then sense.....puts on a new set each day and sells them when he is done each day. He had a set from last weekend and asked if I was interested. Normally I get his Pirelli take off's, but this time he was "trying out" Dunlops

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
What kind of life are you getting out of the pirelli take-offs?
Do you have the opportunity to pick the brain of your friend and get his feedback about the Dunlop's he just took off?
That's a good price, i guess. I get sets of Q2's and my last set of PowerPure's for about $250 -275 delivered. From our sponsors here.

Are you doing track days?
I'd love to try a set of take-offs on the street.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Jon, the Pirelli's are way stickier than these Dunlop's. Since it is so hot it is hard to give a good guess on the life. I have been getting about 6 - 8 months depending on how much I ride.

William, told me the Pirelli's were Laser straight, and the Dunlops were good as well but hard to compare a tire like a Pirelii with a Dunlop only because the Supermax is a dual compound tire. Most likely will go back to Pirelli....

I am not doing track days at all, but I am sure there guys in your area that do...wouldn't trust a take off from #-bay, but maybe check Craigslist ?

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Timing is everything.

In the August edition of Fast Bikes (UK), there is a companion insert called "The Ultimate Tire Test".
There, they test both street and track offerings by 14 major tire manufacturers using a BMW S1000RR and ZX6R for test bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts