Premium Member
3,237 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Interested to know why you don't like the cable clutch conversion, i have had one fitted to my bike for nearly ten years now and it works great:)
Where do you acquire cables, I've already emailed the seller and will ship to Canada. :D He can't find the clutch cable. I've made my own cables before...but would rather buy a few for spares.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interested to know why you don't like the cable clutch conversion, i have had one fitted to my bike for nearly ten years now and it works great:)
Hydraulic is self adjusting, never wears out and snaps in the middle of your ride, very easier to change fluids than to replace a cable and a lot more beautiful to the rider's eye to see the clutch master instead of a cable's end with an adjuster........just my $0.02 :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hydraulic is self adjusting, never wears out and snaps in the middle of your ride, very easier to change fluids than to replace a cable and a lot more beautiful to the rider's eye to see the clutch master instead of a cable's end with an adjuster........just my $0.02 :)
Hydraulic is indeed self adjusting, but i can live with 2 seconds of adjustment time every 5000 miles:rolleyes: never wears out? hydraulic leaks are not unheard of.
cable change takes half an hour, i guess that is about the same length of time it takes to change your clutch fluid, which needs doing every year.
The cable set up is a vast improvement on feel, it is feather light in operation and it saves about a kilo of weight.
Venhill make cables over here, i still have the spare one i had made when i fitted the cable clutch conversion;) just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
FREAKIN' GREAT.. Something else I am gonna have to talk you into saling to me..:D Ha Ha
Forget it Chaos, I have been on him non stop for his Banzai mid pipes and now about 2 other things as well....
He is the worst kind of Hoarder man, he don't sell until he ready to.:rolleyes:;):D

LOL !!!

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Well I'm out of the bidding...as it's just more than I want to spend. Considering I haven't even mounted up my billet Brembo clutch master or the STM slave cylinder.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
1/3 of the price of a new one, and there is still bidding to happen.
At least parts like that aren't "Unobtanium"..........Yet...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts