RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was viewing the durbahn website and seen the High Comp Pistons RC51, the reading said that " I by far do not know the whole Bandwith of High Comp Pistons, but I know that the RC51 really needs them.
Suitable for road or racing they deliver NOTICABLE more Power, on road or track. Don't ask me for Gains, just trust me." How good of a mod will this be and what would I have to change with it.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Bumping the compression will add more torque.
And since HP is a calculation of torque and RPM, it goes hand in hand.
From what I've learned, using JE 12.8:1 pistons actually increases the compression only up to 11.4:1 due to the stock valves.
However the engine will run fine at 11.4:1 with pump gas (91 or better octane).
If send your heads to be ported at Hord, then a few more ponys are obtained.
And a set of Kent cams with required HRC springs and retainers will had even more HP.
Of course these mods won't be cheap, but they may bump the engine into the 145 HP range.

If you want to spend really big bucks, there's a site in Germany upgrades the engine to 1120cc that makes 170HP and 90 ft/lbs of torque.
Unless you go really crazy and get their ultimate upgrade to 1315cc with 190 HP and 106 ft/lbs of torque.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The numbers sound good, but whats the reliability of the motor after a modification like this.

·
Registered
422 Posts
But, cant understand in german....any english website?....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bumping the compression will add more torque.
And since HP is a calculation of torque and RPM, it goes hand in hand.
From what I've learned, using JE 12.8:1 pistons actually increases the compression only up to 11.4:1 due to the stock valves.
However the engine will run fine at 11.4:1 with pump gas (91 or better octane).
If send your heads to be ported at Hord, then a few more ponys are obtained.
And a set of Kent cams with required HRC springs and retainers will had even more HP.
Of course these mods won't be cheap, but they may bump the engine into the 145 HP range.

If you want to spend really big bucks, there's a site in Germany upgrades the engine to 1120cc that makes 170HP and 90 ft/lbs of torque.
Unless you go really crazy and get their ultimate upgrade to 1315cc with 190 HP and 106 ft/lbs of torque.

I'm kind of crazy. What's the the name of this german site that makes 1120cc and 1315cc upgrades??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts