RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the local race engine shops has a monthly Dyno and burgers day. Cheap runs and a good group. I didn't pull my body work off, so no access to the plug wires and no torque readings.

Mike Lozano, who runs the bike stuff for Lozano bros racing says this Dyno always reads a little low. But everyone uses it and it works fine.

I didn't get the file sent to me. 3 back to back runs were identical. 118 hp, and the AF ratio spot on. The best part was the curve just went up with no spikes or dips. Same on the fueling. It appears spot on.

Mike thought it probable the ecu has been accessed and worked. Is this doable on the RC ECU? There is no power commander.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
ECU re-flashing is possible but not done often since PCs are available. Those are solid numbers for a basically stock RC as well.:cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basically stock. I should have explained more. M4 cans, flapper and pair mod as near as I can tell and was told. Soft rev limiter removed.

Not saying the ecu was flashed. But the Dyno expert thought the mapping was the best he'd seen on a "stock" program. Sounds like it is difficult to manipulate the he box, but not impossible.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Interesting, What I have been told is they have to make physical changes (change electronic circuit stuff) to the ECU to mod it. I will be sending mine in to raise the Rev limiter.
When I say it is possible, I mean the factory can do this. That is how we load the program on newly assembled units. (I work for Keihin.)

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
When I say it is possible, I mean the factory can do this. That is how we load the program on newly assembled units. (I work for Keihin.)
Got ya, I was hoping you had a line of someone who could flash them without physical change part

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
One of the local race engine shops has a monthly Dyno and burgers day. Cheap runs and a good group. I didn't pull my body work off, so no access to the plug wires and no torque readings.

Mike Lozano, who runs the bike stuff for Lozano bros racing says this Dyno always reads a little low. But everyone uses it and it works fine.

I didn't get the file sent to me. 3 back to back runs were identical. 118 hp, and the AF ratio spot on. The best part was the curve just went up with no spikes or dips. Same on the fueling. It appears spot on.

Mike thought it probable the ecu has been accessed and worked. Is this doable on the RC ECU? There is no power commander.
??? How are they reading af ratios?

IME the RC curve is generally smooth with std mods, and typical.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Got ya, I was hoping you had a line of someone who could flash them without physical change part
That line resides in Japan I am afraid.....we make ECUs for the cars and some off road vehicles in the States and this technology is proprietary for obvious reasons.:cool:

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
That line resides in Japan I am afraid.....we make ECUs for the cars and some off road vehicles in the States and this technology is proprietary for obvious reasons.:cool:
So what your saying is we can send you our ECUs and you will flash them for us? :eek: :D

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
So what your saying is we can send you our ECUs and you will flash them for us? :eek: :D
oh.my.god.please let this be true!

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
If I could, I certainly would.

However, the charges for the airfare round trip might be a challenge.:p

·
Registered
96 Posts
we have a company here in Holland that can chance your ecu and also can raise the rev limiter there name is camro I believe thay have a shope in the us but thay have to send it to holland

1 - 12 of 12 Posts