RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local Dyno Day so I had the SP-1 dynoed and the results are a bit puzzling to say the least. Bike is 2001, 26000 miles, PC USB with canned tune. Full Yoshi exhaust, flapper mod and nothing else. I don't think there is a way in hell this bike put down this kinda power. Give me your thoughts.....

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Gotta say sorry, I'm inclined to not believe those numbers (141.5 HP and 90 ft/lbs torque) at only 8400 RPM with the most basic modifications.
Don't know what's causing the error, but something's just doesn't seem right.

Most RC51 dyno charts have a characteristic kink in the dyno charts that I'm not seeing here.
It's as if the dyno chart was from a different bike and got mislabeled.

·
Registered
729 Posts
If you were trying to encourage folk to use your dyno facility would you prefer a high reading or low reading dyno, yes it's bollocks, but will have made some very happy

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
If you were trying to encourage folk to use your dyno facility would you prefer a high reading or low reading dyno, yes it's bollocks, but will have made some very happy
Only for a short while.
Success through dishonesty only works for governments, mega-corps, and global financial institutions. And then only in the short term.
The Truth has a way of asserting itself eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts