RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody bought or had contact with the Hong Kong vendor selling pre painted RC 51 bodywork, its like 250 bucks for the whole set...sounds way too good but feedback looks good Anybody??????

·
Registered
232 Posts
I dont know but wouldnt shipping be rough from hong kong? Im thinking well over 100 bucks? But even with that said if the plastics are good its still a decent deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E Bay

I know look at the last pages of e bay under RC 51 its says some weid stuff about shipping and then a US rate that seems way too low...but some very cool bodywork IF its real

·
Registered
863 Posts
Has anybody bought or had contact with the Hong Kong vendor selling pre painted RC 51 bodywork, its like 250 bucks for the whole set...sounds way too good but feedback looks good Anybody??????

No way their shipping that for $20

if you want aftermarket fairings look at Auctmart

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just ordered one. This is the email they sent to me. might make a difference.
Dear friend
Thank you so much
We order your fairing on the factory now
But it must need about 8-15 working days to make as our description
And it need about 7-9 working days to ship

Another important thing is pls give us your phone number, it is the shipping necessary ,thanks.

Due to Chinese Lunar New Year public holiday, we have a long vacation, from 8th to 18th Feb. 2010 (HK Time). During that time no logistics company delivery , so the fairing order from 1st to 13th Feb. will been delay 10 days send out than normal time, all the HK seller are the same. very sorry for any inconvenience, hope you can forgave

These are all "working days". I might not get this kit fior 2 months.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Keep us all updated i was thinking about this to but was kinda worried about it to.

·
Registered
84 Posts
good luck with that.... i really hope they use decent plastic and paint im def interested as well

·
Registered
58 Posts
the guy I bought my rc from purchased this kit from ebay....not sure from which company but everything bolts up fine here...im thinking bought ordering one for my zx9....................................................................

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have puchased these kits and they actually fit fairly decently, the paint is good, but the grapics are under the clear coat so it looks aftermarket. asides from that they are good kits. basically the difference is they are abs plastic and dont flex like the oem stuff. in otherwords you drop your bike it cracks. but i recommend it if your a good rider

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just ordered one. This is the email they sent to me. might make a difference.
Dear friend
Thank you so much
We order your fairing on the factory now
But it must need about 8-15 working days to make as our description
And it need about 7-9 working days to ship

Another important thing is pls give us your phone number, it is the shipping necessary ,thanks.

Due to Chinese Lunar New Year public holiday, we have a long vacation, from 8th to 18th Feb. 2010 (HK Time). During that time no logistics company delivery , so the fairing order from 1st to 13th Feb. will been delay 10 days send out than normal time, all the HK seller are the same. very sorry for any inconvenience, hope you can forgave

These are all "working days". I might not get this kit fior 2 months.
drjeremybaker have you received tracking from them yet. I ordered a set of plastics with the stock looking graphic from them on Feb 23. I email them a couple of days ago asking if the provide tracking and within an hour this was there response.

"Hello,

we received your payment on Feb 23rd.
usually, item will be shipped out after 12-15 working days of the payment cleared date by express delivery(3-4 days).

tracking number will be provided after it shipped out.

If you have any question about the order, please feel free to email us, and we will reply you shortly.

once again, thanks for buying from us and we appreciate your patience.

regards
auctmarts"

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got them in yesterday. I only pulled out a couple of pieces and they look badass. Not sure about the fit or what they all look like. should get most of it together this weekend. Will post pics soon.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looking forward to seeing some pics, and your opinion on how the fit is. Don't forget to add some heat blocking material to the side panels.... just a little insurance that they won't melt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got them in yesterday. I only pulled out a couple of pieces and they look badass. Not sure about the fit or what they all look like. should get most of it together this weekend. Will post pics soon.
I just finished putting DEI header wrap on the header pipe and plan to use some self adhesive heat protection on the inside of the plastics to prevent melting. I also plan on reinforcing the the headlight mounting point on the uppers with some epoxy as it seem they are weak from what I have read.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts