RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been going through some old stuff in my place and on the net recently. I found original posts back in 2000 and 2001 when I first bought a 2000 RC51. The original main site was rc51.net. Gone now, but there are tricks to see it. :) Wow, what a mind job to go down memory lane. It brings back a flood of memories.

I also have some pictures here to share. First ones are scans (almost pre-digital camera time) of when I got my 2000 SP1. In the crate.... and in PDI. Never mind the one salesman trying to get in the way of the bike...

I have a photocopy of the original PDI documents for the 2000 RC51 as well. ;)

Also I recently found some decals and brochures from Dan Kyle in 2000. Back when he used to be call Kyle Racing Engines. :D Wow. Early Sato decals, Moriwaki Engineering decals, etc. Pretty neat stuff. Check out the pics.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Hey kwtoxman I have a post about that old Sato sticker...is it flat or curved to fit an exhaust?

If it's curved and is more like an emblem will you part with it?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Remember when whatever you bought came with two stickers?
Not anymore. Even Kyle didn't give me any stickers when I bought my chain and sprocket set.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Very cool kwtoxman! Even though my RC51 was in excellent condition when I bought it, I wish I could have bought it brand new from the dealer.

How many miles do you currently have on it?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thx guys. :) I have a few more things to eventually share with all of you who enjoy the bike.

My original 2000 RC51 is no longer around. There was an unfortunate highside incident. Be careful if you are riding at the limits on the SP1s because it is unforgiving. SP2 handling was improved to give more feedback. Just recently got a used 04 as I have some other more fond memories of the bike.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Neat stuff; always cool to see crate/un-crating pictures of special bikes at the dealership. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts