RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their ebay id is motofairingsinc. They said that they made the fairings. And that they were between 2.5 and 3mm thick. And that they were made from 1 layer of mat 450. Now, I don't know if this is good or bad, so if anyone has any insight, I would be incredibly grateful.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just need someplace that makes decent fairings. I looked at NiceCycle, and I just don't know, I've heard horror stories.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've read in other places that stated that they just imported china fairings and painted them themselves.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No impact no idea on this, huh? I still have no clue which fairings to get and I certainly can't afford OEM ones.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Used OEM ones will be your best best for the street. They will fit 100% correct 100% of the time. If/when you need to replace them, you know that any other OEM piece will fit 100% like the one you are replacing. You can also buy some QUALITY fiberglass race plastics from a reputable company and mold in a headlight if you are good with fiberglass. Sharkskins, Attack, and hotbodies are good brands. There are probably a couple that I am forgetting.

Be prepared to do some work with any plastics that you buy that aren't oem. You are also risking getting junk that doesn't fit right and will sit too close to the exhaust and melt. It's either pay now or pay later. There is no getting around it.

All of the chinese stuff on ebay is crap. It's crap painted to look really nice and shiny. If you spend much time over there, you will see that it is very common to put nice shiny paint on junk and try to sell it to stupid Americans. They have truly proven that you can polish a turd, they just painted it first.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I know. However, there's a couple companies in the US that sell aftermarket ABS fairings. I'm about 99% positive that they're just chinese crap they imported themselves, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts