RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While performing some preliminary electrical tests on my ‘03 I found this. While doing a current leakage test I was reading 0.28 mA on my meter. Manual states 0.1 as max. I tracked it down to the electronic dash unit. When I unplug the dash the current goes to zero. I am assuming there is some electronic component on the PC board in there that is drawing some mA current. So, question, is this a cause for concern or much ado about nothing? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The dash has a constant power source (fuse labeled "odometer") that's required to retain the trip meter

You are talking about 0.00028 amps here. That's not a problem. I wouldn't even count on your meter to measure that accurately

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wibbly. I kind of had a feeling that was the case but wanted to be sure. Didn’t want to find myself with a dead battery somewhere. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
well let's just figure it out.

the standard rc51 battery is a yuasa ytz 12s. that's an 11 amp hour battery.

11 amp hours / 0.00028 amps = 39285 hours = 1637 days = 4.5 years.

i'm pretty sure you're good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I completely understand where you’re coming from. Like I said, the factory manual states a maximum of 0.1 mA of leakage. Just asking a question for the sake of knowledge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts