RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 VTR1000SP2
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these? Are they any good?

They appear to be a visual match for the SP2 mirrors, at least based on the pics I've seen, but obviously, if someone out there has experience with them I'd like to know what you thought.

·
Registered
2002 VTR1000SP2
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So... nobody can tell me if these are a match/close match for the OEM mirrors on the SP2?

I've done as much independent searching on these as I can, and the simple fact of the matter is that there just are not a lot of images on the web, of bone stock RC51's, and of the ones that I could find, none are large enough, or of high enough resolution to be able to determine this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi, I just got my new to me RC51 a couple months ago, the left mirror had a scratch on it so I bought a new set of these Emgo aftermarket mirrors you're asking about because the price was great and a fraction of the oem new cost. From a distance (15-20'?) they're a decent match, closer though IMO the difference is noticeable, they have a more textured look/feel on the arms. After much debate I ended up ordering a new oem left mirror. I still the new set of these Emgo mirrors, no miles on them, if you want to buy them let me know. Good luck on your search and decision.

·
Registered
3 Posts
agreed, the material seems a little different between the two. Size and shape is a match though. it's not much of a difference, the Emgo is a little smoother and shinier. If you're going for a concourse restoration you might want to track down OEM. I bought my RC to ride so I'm ok with it.

·
Registered
2002 VTR1000SP2
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@OldsCool @topgunz1 ... Thanks for the feedback guys. Am not going for a "concourse restoration" just yet... ;)

Am just trying to get some aspects of it back to OEM as, at least IMO, there was nothing wrong with the original design. The Moriwaki rearsets and Optics mirrors are going to be the first to get chucked...

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Have the emgo mirrors on my bike, work great n stay put,had after market CF ones when I bought the bike and they looked amazing but when I rode all I saw were my arms at best,the average person won’t know the difference, they will just be amazed that they are looking at an RC51👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts