RC51 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike is an 03. ~3000 miles.

While riding the other day the FI light would come on and off. It happened during moderate acceleration and while I held the throttle steady at around 50-60 mph. Engine would hesitate and then resume normally.

I don't own a manual, I intend to get one though. I looked through some older threads on this and other sites.

Any ideas, recommendations? Thanks.

I think this is the same problem Johnkt is having...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bike is an 03. ~3000 miles.

While riding the other day the FI light would come on and off. It happened during moderate acceleration and while I held the throttle steady at around 50-60 mph. Engine would hesitate and then resume normally.

I don't own a manual, I intend to get one though. I looked through some older threads on this and other sites.

Any ideas, recommendations? Thanks.

I think this is the same problem Johnkt is having...
I had a similar problem with mine that I just figured out. It turned out that the battery was not mounted properly in my bike and the positive terminal would momentarily short to ground and restart the ignition system. It may or may not be what is going on withyours, but it is something to look at.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a small white plastic service check connector in the rear seat that is not used. Take a piece of wire and stick it in each hole of the connector making a jumper wire. Then turn on the bike. Your FI light should blink a code. A long flash means ten and a short flash means one. Add it up and give us the number. Myself or someone here can look up the error code.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately when I got the bike there was already an undertail installed, shoddily, and it appears as though some stuff was relocated. I am not sure what connector I am looking for.

But I traced all the cables to and from the battery and I made sure everything was in order. I am gonna take it out for a quick ride, hope it works.

Thanks for help.

·
Premium Member
6,499 Posts
There is a small white plastic service check connector in the rear seat that is not used. Take a piece of wire and stick it in each hole of the connector making a jumper wire. Then turn on the bike. Your FI light should blink a code. A long flash means ten and a short flash means one. Add it up and give us the number. Myself or someone here can look up the error code.
On the SP2's the service connector is green and is located under the riders seat near the battery/ECU.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts