RC51 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Honda RVT1000R 2004
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I bought sp2, I wash it and put it in order. I am confused by the gap in the engine mount. Does this gap have to be or is the engine not properly installed by the previous owner?
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Gas Tints and shades

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

·
Premium Member
6,518 Posts
Definitely NOT installed properly.
1) Consult service manual and read all steps for engine installation, especially mounting bolt tightening sequence (important) and torque settings.
2) Compare and check clearance for all engine mount spacers. Some are different length than others.
3) If the mounting bolt tightening sequence not observed (or incorrect length spacers positioned), it may cause warping of the frame.
It's been awhile since I swapped my engine out, but if all steps are done, it will go smoothly.
Also a good thing to put anti-corrosion or anti-seize on the threads. Mine were a bit "squeaky" on removal.

·
Registered
Honda RVT1000R 2004
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely NOT installed properly.
1) Consult service manual and read all steps for engine installation, especially mounting bolt tightening sequence (important) and torque settings.
2) Compare and check clearance for all engine mount spacers. Some are different length than others.
3) If the mounting bolt tightening sequence not observed (or incorrect length spacers positioned), it may cause warping of the frame.
It's been awhile since I swapped my engine out, but if all steps are done, it will go smoothly.
Also a good thing to put anti-corrosion or anti-seize on the threads. Mine were a bit "squeaky" on removal.
Thank you for the answer. In this video, the link has the same gaps. Everything seems to be correct, but I will still do it according to the instructions.
Link

1 - 3 of 3 Posts