RC51 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've been thinking on the exhaust pretty hard for my rc and I was dead set on the sato high mount but I was unaware that they were done since 2011 so I've been listening to everyone's opinion and thanks by the way and I'm leaning towards the lady birds,carbon high mounts smaller cans but of course From I've seen there only available for 02-06 (why is that)Hardly nothing available for the 00-01 exhaust wise that I can find ,Iiked the carbon high mount cuz they had a deep rumble in which I like.So now they seem not to available, any ideah?

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
sp1 stuff is just a PITA to find especially now.

Best to get a OEM Sp2 header, swap it on. Opens up your exhaust options immensely

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
you will need a dremel, but yea it does with a little work

·
Registered
174 Posts
There are some SP1 options on ebay if you haven't checked, have fun with the hunt, I'll keep my eye out if I see something for a SP1.

·
Registered
2002 RC51
111 Posts
Man grab that Striker, it's a Arata exhaust. I'd be all over that if it was for a sp2.

I had an arata on my 600rr, man I miss that bike.. 😪

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sp1 stuff is just a PITA to find especially now.

Best to get a OEM Sp2 header, swap it on. Opens up your exhaust options immensely
Ok dude I've looked all over for a sp2 header and im baffled, cant find squat,where should look,nothing on eBay, been look for couple hours now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in the same position you are. I just bought a SP2 header from a member here. Look around there are a few more available. Once you get the SP2 header, look at the the Ladybird Banzai setup, it comes with Sato esque midpipes and the cans look great. It comes with all the mounting hardware too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm in the same position you are. I just bought a SP2 header from a member here. Look around there are a few more available. Once you get the SP2 header, look at the the Ladybird Banzai setup, it comes with Sato esque midpipes and the cans look great. It comes with all the mounting hardware too.
Ahh
Aah cool,yea they are hard to find but I'm steady looking but you think you could send me a pik of those cans,so I can see what they look like that would be cool if you my email I can give you that, let me know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have not bought them yet, but these are what I plan to get.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have not bought them yet, but these are what I plan to get.

Do they sound pretty good,ive never heard those?

·
Registered
02 RC51 and way too many parts to list
30 Posts
Do they sound pretty good,ive never heard those?

Put some quality headphones on or a decent home theater system.....and PLAY THIS!!!!!

The GP cans (60mm core) like what I have are just louder than the cigar cans like the Erions I have(No they arent for sale) and the Long LBPs.

Other than that you can buy a junk system that sounds great and isnt really worth a shit for the RC if all you want is "sound". IMHO, all of these exhaust systems listed on here are top notch and sound great and match the RC and have been extensively tested and engineered to offer the best possible performance provided the other ducks are in a row; PC & correct tune on dyno, smog garbage removed, lid mods, suspension, etc. Dont base your decision on just sound............

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Put some quality headphones on or a decent home theater system.....and PLAY THIS!!!!!

The GP cans (60mm core) like what I have are just louder than the cigar cans like the Erions I have(No they arent for sale) and the Long LBPs.

Other than that you can buy a junk system that sounds great and isnt really worth a shit for the RC if all you want is "sound". IMHO, all of these exhaust systems listed on here are top notch and sound great and match the RC and have been extensively tested and engineered to offer the best possible performance provided the other ducks are in a row; PC & correct tune on dyno, smog garbage removed, lid mods, suspension, etc. Dont base your decision on just sound............
Actually sound pretty decent,what kinda horsepower did it put out

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Oh and dually noted,I did see a set of carbon cans high mounts that I like but can't find any. Look

1 - 20 of 43 Posts