RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all , my first post on this forum

coming from a 954 the RC is a whole different bike. Was just offered from a friend on his Sp2 for a price that its stupid to say no. Long story short the bike came with I believe the GP style exhaust like this one on ebay . The problem is, its too loud for my taste and I want something a lot quieter. I know you guys would tell me to put the stock one back on ( which I don't have it anymore ) . What option do I have here ? Has anyone put a silencer on the GP can ? or can I buy 2 bigger baffle to swap out the cans I have now to make things easier ?

PICS

HELP!!!!:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
If the RC51 indeed has that very exhaust, that's pretty much as good as you can find anywhere. Those Ladybirds are astounding quality.
You can contact simonkobejapan. He's a member on this forum, Speedzilla, and Ebay.
He can advise you of options, since he makes them.
If you're getting a great deal, and you like the feel of the RC51, and the rest of the bike checks out--GRAB IT!
imo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uploaded pics of the bike, the tail fairing is not stock and with the aftermarket exhaust and ohlin shocks I am not sure how much work needed to put in another exhaust that is quieter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I uploaded it and I see it on my computer . is it not working ?

I mean I don't mind buying another slip on, I just want to make sure the noise level is very close to stock

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Post some pictures of yours and maybe you will get an offer. As far as exhaust still made, you already have one of the best.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Send SimonKobe a PM if it's possible to fit the large oval mufflers in place of the GP muffers.
The large oval mufflers a little bit quieter.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Dont know about you guys but I dont see any pics on here.....send those pipes over here and I can turn them into stockers lol. best cans of the bunch. ask simon for some baffle inserts, that'll quite it down some notches.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
dude, in your reply thread, scroll down to " manage attachments " and select upload , browse to find your pic.
make sure your picture size is right , only allows certain sizes.
and upload......

WE WANT TO SEE IT !!!! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Duck : I just did what you said . I am just going to email someone the pic to post it for me if its still doesn't work.

I have not ridden anything for about 4 yrs and comparing the RC to my old 954 for some reason I miss my 954. My 954 was more flickerable more nimble as I remember. I think I am just a little rusty but then again the RC is a totally different bike and I will probably take a while to get use to it.

Off Topic , Which website has best price on Alpine stars Jacket?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Try one of our site sponsors for the jacket in a pm for the A* jacket

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app bitches

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Off topic a little bike Came with PC3 with a download moriski slip on map , any suggestion of maps for the GP Can ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am new to this PC3 , Would it do any Harm to the bike if I start trying all these different download maps ?

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Not really but if it isn't the best possible map don't expect your spark plugs to last very long. Just that the longevity of the plug might be slightly reduced. Also you have you have gas mileage too. Best thing to do is have properly set by certified tech, who is no shit good with tuning a Vtwin sport bike.remember this is Just my opinion here. Have you gone to the dynojet website on info for the pc unit?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 20 of 31 Posts