RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago i shortened my Mori's. I accidently cut the baffle too short, and now i have no packing in one of the cans. Will this have an impact on the engine/exhaust combo with back pressure or anything? I have a replacement baffle and packing, but just haven't gotten around to redoing it yet.

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
Because of the increased volume in the muffler, it could have an impact on performance.
However, no packing will allow the exhaust gases to contact the muffler sleeve and get it hot.
If this is carbon-fiber, it will quickly degrade the sleeve.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The right tools...

About a month ago i shortened my Mori's. I accidently cut the baffle too short, and now i have no packing in one of the cans. Will this have an impact on the engine/exhaust combo with back pressure or anything? I have a replacement baffle and packing, but just haven't gotten around to redoing it yet.
Never try to tune a piano with a chain saw.

Whatever performance gains you believe you will gain in cutting down your cans will be so negligible that you will not be able to tell. The performance/ reliability trade off is just not worth hacking the cans.... imho...

Moriwaki cans.... sigh....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts