RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ok I know what you're thinking, wtf is this Brit on about now with exhaust paint BS just powder coat it or leave it and stop being a fanny....

But oddly enough I have a set of Jardine RT-1s that are CF and am having them done but the mids are a off yellow so I was wondering if I could make them like a gloss black as that's what the rest of the bike is going to be. Wrapping will look a little too mad max for my liking even though I may consider the headers. In fact maybe I want the mad max look... Hmm

But anyway throw me some thoughts please as I'm also painting the center of my rotors black and calipers red. Frame is going to go Rustoleum gloss high temp engine paint along with the swing arm.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App sucks balls!!! Omfg it won't stop opening the f'in App Store!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, what colour did you use and manufacture? I just bought 6 cans of engine enamel paint that goes to 500 degrees but am thinking I might need something different for the actual exhaust. I bought it because I need to replace the paint that's already on there and don't want to waste my time striping the bike to a bare frame to have it sprayed... Plus this stuff is suppose to be very good.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App sucks balls!!! Omfg it won't stop opening the f'in App Store!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Some old pics of my bike with everything blacked out: forks, calipers, rotors, rearsets, mid pipes, exhaust etc...

Bike was really dirty and I was to lazy to clean it before I took pictures.

The paint is Matte Black.

the exhaust & mids were powder coated and paint is still holding up really strong no chipping or other. As for the rest of the bike I just used high temp spray can stuff that I got at an auto parts store and it turned out really nice and clean. The paint is holding very good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts