RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forum here. Just obtained a 2000 rc51 and the previous owner had a POS eBay special exhaust that is leaking everywhere and doesn't seem to fit correctly. I'm looking into buying new exhaust system but not sure what to go with, sorta on a budget and want to stay away from high mounts for I want to keep passenger pegs. My question is has anyone played around with the exhaust system Delkevic? How do they mount up, sound, etc.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Exhaust performance as a noise maker....any will do.

Exhaust performance that helps the bike a bit and makes noise- Lady Bird, you can find them on Fleabay.

If you are fortunate, the decent names come up here: Sato, Arata, Ethos, Lady Bird etc...

Delkevic seems to be a new flavor....there is a recent post about that exhaust. <Search>:grin2:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Delkevics are well-built and sound good, made in the UK. Their people are good so if you email them they'll probably offer good detail about performance. I wanted one for my VFR, but of course they're not road legal here in Germany.

On my RC I have a set of Leo Vince SBK's, I think they add a nice clean look compared to the stock parts (matte aluminium instead of chrome, not big on bling), and both the sound and performance are improved. With the DB-killers out they're offensively loud, even for my taste, so I leave em in. Of course some low-end power went away, but the RC engine isn't built to lope along below 4k anyway. Mid-range is definitely improved, and I don't have a lot of experience yet with the upper range, but the throttle response up top feels crisper, so that tells me the engine is breathing better. The parts also fit well, had to shorten the mid-pipes a tad at the muffler ends to make everything parallel, but otherwise everything lines up and seals well. For my money, they were a good affordable option for a used exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts