RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the jardine 2into1 ful exhaust set up on my bike (it came on there). I want to change it out and go back to two mufflers. What do I need? Also does anyone make a full header system for the bike? Thanks in advance Nick

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
You will need an OEM header, very few full systems exist and if they do look to spend +$2,000 with nominal Hp gains.

If you want to get an instant impact to this bike, spend your money on suspension that fits you.

Forks- Race Tech Gold valve kits with springs made for your weight

Ohlins, Penske, Elka rear shock sprung to your weight....you will not regret this option.:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will need an OEM header, very few full systems exist and if they do look to spend +$2,000 with nominal Hp gains.

If you want to get an instant impact to this bike, spend your money on suspension that fits you.

Forks- Race Tech Gold valve kits with springs made for your weight

Ohlins, Penske, Elka rear shock sprung to your weight....you will not regret this option.:cool:
It's on the list of things to do.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I have a very clean set of SP1 OEM mids and mufflers if you're interested. I'm thinking about $75 + shipping.
Then you'll just need a OEM header. I've seen them go for $100-200. Try Ben at RC51parts.com, he might have something. SP1 or SP2 header will work for you. That's assuming you want to go with OEM stuff...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a very clean set of SP1 OEM mids and mufflers if you're interested. I'm thinking about $75 + shipping.
Then you'll just need a OEM header. I've seen them go for $100-200. Try Ben at RC51parts.com, he might have something. SP1 or SP2 header will work for you. That's assuming you want to go with OEM stuff...
Might take you up on that

·
Registered
609 Posts
Jondog and MB can probably affirm this a little more, but if you go with an SP2 header, you will have a better choice of exhaust sytems to choose from. If you put SP1 headers back on your SP1, you will be limited. So go for SP2 headers. My $0.02.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Jondog and MB can probably affirm this a little more, but if you go with an SP2 header, you will have a better choice of exhaust sytems to choose from. If you put SP1 headers back on your SP1, you will be limited. So go for SP2 headers. My $0.02.
So right! That's a good recommendation. That's exactly why I modified my exhaust to SP2.

·
Registered
609 Posts
so I would need sp2 headers and the mid pipe? That from 02-06 rc51?
The type of midpipes you use will depend on what type of exhausts you buy. Some exhausts come with the mids, some don't. Do you want low mount, high mount, banzai etc?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts