RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day after a nice long hard day of driving, I noticed i blew all of the packing out of my exhaust. I currently have a set of Jardine on. my question is do I send it out to be repacked or do I just bite the bullet and order another exhaust?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
The other day after a nice long hard day of driving, I noticed i blew all of the packing out of my exhaust. I currently have a set of Jardine on. my question is do I send it out to be repacked or do I just bite the bullet and order another exhaust?
Repack them...unless you just want a new exhaust system.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I go about doing it or do I send it out somewhere?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
You can drill the rivets out and repack them yourself.....er, since you live in Florence y'all....I could swing by on my next ride in your area.:D

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Get a good rivet gun and use stainless rivets.
Duckhunter recently posted good info about packing material choices when he repacked a couple sets for Nobody.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i really want a high mount system and im trying to justify cost of buying a new system vs repacking. What is the overall opinion of the jardine system?

At madbuyer, thats an option also. just let me know or I could even bring it to indy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last question, what are the negatives of not repacking it? Just a bad exhaust note and really loud?

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
The rivet holes will deform as the entire integrity of the can becomes fubar. At least this what happened to me when I had my ninja 650. Of course this happens through out a period of time running them hollow, also there could be potential damage to the engine too, the rc being the way she is, things can happen a lot sooner than with a 650

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts