RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
That's normally my last resort. I know that there is a lot of reputable people/business on there, but for me I haven't fully jumped on that bandwagon yet.
I've been a buyer or seller on over 200 eBay transactions and have never had a problem. Just ordered a Joe Rocket Honda jacket from eBay Canada, and not a single problem there, either. And I'm a pretty picky dude, too.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just double checked.
Extrapolator, you were right, I was trying to give myself an extra inch. Thanks for asking me to look again.

Spring free length from inside to inside the hooks 3-15/16 inch (100mm)

From the eyelet to eyelet (mid to can)
Top 4-7/16 (113mm)
bottom 4-5/16 (110mm)

I'm going to keep looking for some 100mm springs so I only have them stretched 10% and 13%. A 90mm would have to stretched well over the 20% to attach them and even at 113mm is 25% of a 90mm spring.

I've found some 100mm ones made by Moose. I know they're one of the top brands for ATV's, anyone have experience with there products?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I subtract an inch. Don't want to scare the ladies away. Plus the ones that aren't scared away by my reduced number will be pleasantly surprised.
What I may lack in length, I make up for in technique.....besides, my 10" tongue usually make 'em pass out.:D

My problem was finding stainless springs.:rolleyes: I bought some replacement akrapovic springs with over molded rubber

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well that answers my pm...but my price is better.;)
Yeah, it was. Sorry about not getting to your PM right away.

Sorry for thread hijack ... well, you've found your springs anyway, right.
Yep, found replacement springs right after I was called out on my overcompensating.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts