RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody use this? there is a nice titanium infused wrap on the market i'm thinking about but i've heard it can damage pipes over the long haul.

·
Registered
162 Posts
does anybody use this? there is a nice titanium infused wrap on the market i'm thinking about but i've heard it can damage pipes over the long haul.
Where are you looking at putting it? If you are trying to shield heat inside the fairing I would suggest some type of reflective foil pad with an adhesive backing. DEI makes some variations of this that I have used with success in automotive applications.

Any time you trap the heat against the pipe they tend to deteriorate faster. Fiberglass exhaust wrap seems to do this faster beacuse it tends to trap more moisture than metallic tapes. Another option might be to send them out to a company like Jet Hot and have them ceramic coated.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Where are you looking at putting it? If you are trying to shield heat inside the fairing I would suggest some type of reflective foil pad with an adhesive backing. DEI makes some variations of this that I have used with success in automotive applications.

Any time you trap the heat against the pipe they tend to deteriorate faster. Fiberglass exhaust wrap seems to do this faster beacuse it tends to trap more moisture than metallic tapes. Another option might be to send them out to a company like Jet Hot and have them ceramic coated.
+1 for sure

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. i was wanting to wrap from the header to the cannister but that may be a little much, i guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts