RC51 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok looking for Sato high exhaust for my 01 rc51,The sound really deep which I like.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I have a set modeled after the low mount Sato’s and the sound is amazing I’ve been told, I have never really heard it because I’m on it, but I have had people wait at the gas station to hear me start my bike so they could hear it again.that being said,sound clips on YouTube can’t compare to a
actually standing next to them.If you do get a set you will need some sort of way to tune the fuel because the motor will breathe better and need more fuel.Don’t know what you have now for exhaust or if you have a pc3 or 5 but when I put mine on and put the right map in it was a totally different bike,WAY more power in all the right places,smoother throttle response and THE RUMBLE 👍

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Don’t know if anyone has pointed you to RC51.org but there is an amazing amount of information on the 51 there,check it out

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a set modeled after the low mount Sato’s and the sound is amazing I’ve been told, I have never really heard it because I’m on it, but I have had people wait at the gas station to hear me start my bike so they could hear it again.that being said,sound clips on YouTube can’t compare to a
actually standing next to them.If you do get a set you will need some sort of way to tune the fuel because the motor will breathe better and need more fuel.Don’t know what you have now for exhaust or if you have a pc3 or 5 but when I put mine on and put the right map in it was a totally different bike,WAY more power in all the right places,smoother throttle response and THE RUMBLE 👍
Do you have a video maybe,id like to hear it.I have zero exhaust on mine,it sounds ok but would like alittle more deeper tone,and alittle bit more throated sound

·
Registered
02 RC51 and way too many parts to list
30 Posts
As stated previously, Satos have nearly become unobtainium. They pop up here every now and then. Them Zeros you have are almost mythical creatures too.

A recent video was posed a few days/ maybe a week or so ago of some Ladybirds singing on the dyno. for it being a recording, on a home theater set up they still sound badass.
Simon is the go to guy for LadyBirds. Drop him a message on Ebay or here. SimonKobeJapan. They are pricey but he is still reasonable and shipping is quite fast. Took just under 2 weeks to get to me all the way from Japan

I have the LBP GP Banzai's 60mm core and they are freakin LOUD compared to my Erions. They do sound a tad bit deeper but effin loud is all I can say. The ROGUE page is a wealth of knowledge on just about everything you want to know about the ole pig. Once you find something you like, install it and head straight to the dyno.

·
Registered
2002 RC51
111 Posts
Man if your really just after the deep rumble, order a set new from Delkevic exhaust for around the 500 mark..

My RC came with them, and I'll be honest it's a much cheaper less sought-after exhaust but the sound is absolutely one of my favorites. The sound, overall quality, fitment etc is wonderful for such a inexpensive system. And I say wonderful, don't get me wrong, they are pretty dang loud.. they have multiple options to choose from..

Or has Hindle been mentioned yet? They started making exhausts for the RC again, price is reasonable, but more than the delkevic.

Disclaimer, as much as I absolutely love the sound of my delkevic system a ladybird exhaust is on my purchase list.. simply because I've always wanted either the ladybird or a sato exhaust..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man if your really just after the deep rumble, order a set new from Delkevic exhaust for around the 500 mark..

My RC came with them, and I'll be honest it's a much cheaper less sought-after exhaust but the sound is absolutely one of my favorites. The sound, overall quality, fitment etc is wonderful for such a inexpensive system. And I say wonderful, don't get me wrong, they are pretty dang loud.. they have multiple options to choose from..

Or has Hindle been mentioned yet? They started making exhausts for the RC again, price is reasonable, but more than the delkevic.

Disclaimer, as much as I absolutely love the sound of my delkevic system a ladybird exhaust is on my purchase list.. simply because I've always wanted either the ladybird or a sato exhaust..
Cool Thank you,I have Moriwaki on it now but not really a fan of but where would I look for delkevic at?.Thank you for your help

·
Registered
2002 RC51
111 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool Thank you,I have Moriwaki on it now but not really a fan of but where would I look for delkevic at?.Thank you for your help
Ahhh ,what kinda exhaust could I get that has a deep rumble,everyone says lady birds but I don't think they sound that good.I found some Satos high mounts but they don't make anymore so I'm at my wits in....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ahhh ,what kinda exhaust could I get that has a deep rumble,everyone says lady birds but I don't think they sound that good.I found some Satos high mounts but they don't make anymore so I'm at my wits in....
I have a question for you gigantor

1 - 20 of 20 Posts