RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for new exhaust and I really like the look and sound of this 2-1 jardine gp exhaust that is on youtube

http://youtu.be/A2dzyMRNDyw

, but have read that with the 2-1s you may lose some power and may even overheat. Is this still the case? Pros? Cons?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Yes...it is still the case.

There are not many exhaust makers left that put R&D into making power for these bikes anymore.

You will also find the choices are limited too. However, you can buy a nice new titanium set from Simonkobe on eBay, he sells the Lady Birds w/out the mid pipes. Mid-pipes are the bitch to find these days in titanium....

G/L

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I think you might be able to find some arata slip ons. But be prepared to pay out the nose as the last one's I saw were over $1200. Good quality costs good money.

You used to be able to find the jardine 2into1 on ebay for about $600, then add about $300 for a moto-gp style can.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Call Wayne at DB Powersports 828 324 1500. He sold me a pair of Scorpions and threw in the midpipes for free. Turned out the midpipes were for an SP2 and I have an SP1. A little bit of cutting here an there, a little bit of swearing and screaming too, they're on. You best bet is to find the slip ons you want and then have someone fab up some 2" midpipes. Bob's your uncle. Don't go for a 2 into 1. That just ruins the appearance of the bike.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
What do you want to do with your bike? Street, track, both? I believe the only time you get a realworld upgrade out of a 2 into 1 is in the upper end of the RPM's. You actually loose a little power down in mid rpm.

I've never run a 2 -1, I've only read a bunch of posts in the last year from those who know a lot about it. I fabricated my exhasut somewhat, so I researched a ton before I actually did it.

I would never use it for a bike that's mostly street. However, if your mostly track and like the look, go for it. Be sure you have a power commander and Dyno guy to get the right fueling for that set-up.

Here's some good info about exhaust from LDH. Scroll down to the bottom, and he talks specifically about 2-1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts