RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been peeking in on this site for a bit. I have 2 questions. 1. Has anyone cored the stock cans? 2. How are the Yosh exhausts for the RC51? Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
The stock head pipes are pretty well designed for street use.
Sato low-mounts work really well with the stock head pipes.
I've never dyno'd Yoshimura slip-ons or full system. So I don't have any numbers.
Maybe others here can supply the info.
As for modifying OEM mufflers, you may develop a situation where you lose HP rather than gain. You'd have to do modifications in conjunction with dyno testing to make sure you're not wasting your time and money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep hearing Sato slip-ons. How or why are they any better than other slip-ons? Thanks for the tips SubSailor.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
They spent a lot of dyno time to match their mid-pipes and mufflers to the stock head pipes.
The end result is a very nice power spread with a large mid-range torque increase.
That's why you pay around $900-$1100 for a set of slip-ons.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I believe it's a kit that contains the wires and connectors to perform the soft rev limiter mod.
The instructions on RC51.org explain how it's done, only you have to scrounge around for the connectors.
Since I don't race my bike, I'm perfectly happy to keep mine in place.
Although I was tempted recently when I tweaked my power commander map to match my Akrapovic system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts