RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the eyebrom mod this weekend. My questsion, Do the eybrows only work as blinkers or can they be wired in to also run as a running light or both?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I think it depends, does your eyebrow light have 2 wires or three? If it only has two wires, then you can set it for running light or blinker - but not both.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
If it's 2 wires then you will need to pick if you want turn signal or running lights. I picked turn signals to get the local POPO off my butt since they stated they could not see my Proton flush mounts when I was turning. Now they have nothing to hit me on LOL

·
Registered
203 Posts
They can do both, I thinks it needs a diode or transistors inline, there is a thread on speedzilla :eek: that lays it all out. I had mine set up that way, but pulled it as i wasnt diggin the running lights. From there I would assume it can be split pretty easily for both side markers and eyebrows

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
If it's 2 wires then you will need to pick if you want turn signal or running lights. I picked turn signals to get the local POPO off my butt since they stated they could not see my Proton flush mounts when I was turning. Now they have nothing to hit me on LOL
I challenged my local MC cop when he pulled me over several months ago. I got him to concede that the proton was indeed visible from a wider angle than the factory stalk-type blinker that only faces forward. After he cited me for illegal exhaust. :rolleyes:

They can do both, I thinks it needs a diode or transistors inline, there is a thread on speedzilla :eek: that lays it all out. I had mine set up that way, but pulled it as i wasnt diggin the running lights. From there I would assume it can be split pretty easily for both side markers and eyebrows
I'll go to zilla and see if I can find it and link it. I'd be interested to know how you could get both running and blinker off only 1 wire. Assuming the 2nd wire is ground- ie the white 1P connector.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Maybe something I don't get correct here....

Eyebrows mod, as far as I know, is done with the position lights above the headlights.
Those bulbs are meant to light up with at the first position turning the lights on (which are constantly on in US). They are not meant to blink like the turning lights.
If you need them to blink, then you will need to use 2 threaded bulbs, like the ones in the turning lights on the US spec RCs or like the rear light's bulbs in every RC.
But that cannot be done with the existing bulb rubber socket used by the factory because it has 2 terminals inside so there is no way to even add a third wire (if that could be done).
In other words, they don't blink with the OEM wiring and they cannot blink AND stay on...
You can make them blink with the turning lights at the same time but in that case they will not stay on once the turning light is off.

If I am mistaken, I am sorry......but this is my view of those bulbs wiring!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe something I don't get correct here....

Eyebrows mod, as far as I know, is done with the position lights above the headlights.
Those bulbs are meant to light up with at the first position turning the lights on (which are constantly on in US). They are not meant to blink like the turning lights.
If you need them to blink, then you will need to use 2 threaded bulbs, like the ones in the turning lights on the US spec RCs or like the rear light's bulbs in every RC.
But that cannot be done with the existing bulb rubber socket used by the factory because it has 2 terminals inside so there is no way to even add a third wire (if that could be done).
In other words, they don't blink with the OEM wiring and they cannot blink AND stay on...
You can make them blink with the turning lights at the same time but in that case they will not stay on once the turning light is off.

If I am mistaken, I am sorry......but this is my view of those bulbs wiring!
There are no lights or sockets factory on the US models, This was a kit I bought from Scotts that came with a small led bulb and wire harness. When I wired them up per the directions they only work as blinkers. I did a search and found a you tube clip with them working as blinkers and running lights....

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
You nailed it bamboojackson!
I just read that thread - it's a damn good How-To. Great diagrams, video to show it really works, and the diode addition in case you get power feed back to your instrument panal making your indicator stay on.
I'm adding that one to my favorites.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I may have been wrong about both eye and side markers, but this is the link I was referencing, maybe with a bit more tweaking its possible?

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-rc51/65150-turn-signal-troubleshooting.html
Perfect, just what I was looking for!! Now if I could find a way to match the flashing fom the protons to the eyebrow ill be happy. I have the protons set up to strobe, later today I'm gonna set them to flash regular and see if they match up better. Its to bad cause the strobe effect is great and I cant believe any cop would question them.......well I guess Im not to surprized.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts