RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Yes, it is real. It will eventually be replacing the Harrier for the Marine Corps.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
That's technology we borrowed from the aliens at Area 51....ha, the government thinks we don't know what they are doing.:rolleyes::D

Pucker factor of 10 there Admiral.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Oh...no FB so I can't see the video. Just answered based off your title.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I do not have a FB either...but I still watched it.:D

Here you go, I found the original link.....we have been duped by a fecking video game.:D

http://youtu.be/Q7jOita0LjE

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Here you go, I found the original link.....we have been duped by a fecking video game.:D

I've tried it before with FB video links and even after I log out they still work.

Anyway, thanks for the assistance John :)

At first I said "Holy crap...it's going down" but then I was like "WTF just happened????"

So I assumed it is a fake.....oh well.....technology is far away ahead of what our experiences have taught us so far.....

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts

Hahahahaha...now I see...yeah, NOT real.

The Harrier (and likely the F35) will use the runway to launch. Generally they land using their VTOL abilities...at least on the LHD ships.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Who said this was real footage, it's a flight sim. The F-35 is a vertica and conventional take off plane. The loop is not possible at that altitude, the plane isn't that controllable during vertical take off to perform an maneuver that extreme.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Who said this was real footage, it's a flight sim. The F-35 is a vertica and conventional take off plane. The loop is not possible at that altitude, the plane isn't that controllable during vertical take off to perform an maneuver that extreme.
No one did.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Jessica Biel could do it, at least in the movies....

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
She does have that special something about her :D
ImageUploadedByMO Free1398123915.108594.jpg

·
Registered
753 Posts
Lol yeah that's off a computer game, a pretty good one you basically take off from the carrier to the island then shoot the shit out of the enemy from the air or on the ground changing vehicles as you go, I forget the game but it's a fair few years old now. I use to play it for hours! Now I'd rather play with her...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I didn't think that was real, the amount of thrust it would take seems highly impractical if it's even possible. Pretty cool to watch tho...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts