RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the hunt for a 15/41 sprocket set for my '03. Obviously I want new and no el cheapo junk. It's cross border but I can do Paypal or money order and pay shipping if anyone has a set they want to unload. PM me. Other possibility is a decent vendor that I can buy a set from, just don't want mother Honda's offerings through my parts dept channels.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Check out sidewinder chains and sprockets, you won't be disappointed in the quality but maybe the price :)

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Another option is to call a couple of our site sponsors like Riders Discount or STG.
I've called each of them and talked about items I needed, and they came through for me.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I'm not sure why you would convert to 520 and stay with a rear steel sprocket. :confused:
The whole purpose of loosing weight is pretty much negated. If you want steel and it's longevity, 520 set is only going to be minimally lighter, instead of the 2-1/2 lbs you loose with an aluminum sprocket.

I happen to have a Superlite 42 tooth Steel. Which is what's in the kit that kpowe1 recommended. I'll weigh it against the used aluminum AFAM I have left over, just for comparison.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The superlite rear sprocket was a bit heavier then the renthal rear that came off my bike but it wasn't to much of a issue for me and my street RC. I just want something for the longevity not so much weight as I'vs starting to sink money into my track RC. I know the track RC will be more about weight saving then the street RC will. Plus the price was fair, to me at least.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I have a set They are 16/43 which is close to 15/41 and they are 520 sprockets. $60 shipped(as long as shipping to Canada isn't retarded expensive) never been ridden on. (that I can tell)

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Have you decided what gearing and what width (520 vs. 530) you want yet?

FYI, I weighed my alum rear sprocket - 42 tooth - 7 ounces.
My SuperLite steel - 41 tooth - 18 ounces.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I wouldn't recommend running Ti sprockets on the street and I'm not sure that even track guys run them.
Aluminum ones wear out pretty quick during street use and have been known to tear.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
That was a off a 450 dirt bike that wqas riding on Ice in minnesota. that pic was stolen from WIngnutt on Speedzilla. But in the CRA of minnesota other racers have found stress cracks in their aluminum rears during inspection and some have been failed tech because of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts