RC51 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GP style rear tail unit from italy for a 2004 CBR custom fit on to a modified RC51 subframe and a custom carbon round GP muffler. The tail have LED sigs and brake light and is currently freshly painted silver and has black screen vents.

the exhaust is a 2-1 SS header ceramic coated i modified to go next to the rearsets and up.

the kit will come with tail, subframe, tray, exhaust and can and hanger.

you will need to work out the rearset as the OEM as is will not work as it is close in there. it is a semi bolt on kit i fabbed up and just have no time to ride it and it is a shame to have two custom built exhaust here( i still have last years 2-2).

I am looking for $1400 shipped for the kit

I will link to pics or email some if there is serious interest please contact me

regards mark

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't have the money but I would like to see it. It sounds cool. Any pics of it mocked up on the bike?

·
Registered
140 Posts
It looks like a cool idea. looks like you would have to rework your side panels to make it flow though. Did you cut the side panls that short just for mock up purposes?

I like it. I have been trying to track dwn a RC211V style tail because I want to do a similar thing. Good luck with the sale.

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like a cool idea. looks like you would have to rework your side panels to make it flow though. Did you cut the side panls that short just for mock up purposes?

I like it. I have been trying to track dwn a RC211V style tail because I want to do a similar thing. Good luck with the sale.
Than ks.

i would stop trying to track down a tail and stuff as you will exceed $2000 easily. the tial i bought in glass was over $350 alone b4 paint and other stuff. you have to move and customize everything. I am offering a 90% finished working deal and you have to paint it to match and futx a little with the personal details but it fit and works fine as is i am just moving on to more projects and can't mount 3 exhausts at the same time:D

let me know if you are serious and we can speak a bit more about it if you like

·
Registered
140 Posts
I definitely don't have the cash. If I did, I would be interested in the exhaust, but not the tail. I am going for a narrower look.

You mentioned that the pipe interfered with the rearset, is that stock rearsets or aftermanrket? And what is the interference problem? something easily fixed?

Thanks for any info.

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I definitely don't have the cash. If I did, I would be interested in the exhaust, but not the tail. I am going for a narrower look.

You mentioned that the pipe interfered with the rearset, is that stock rearsets or aftermanrket? And what is the interference problem? something easily fixed?

Thanks for any info.
i will sell the pipe seperate possibly. the tail will fit 2004 CBRs so maybe i can get a fex bux there for it and sell of the rest of the parts by piece.

the rearsets are not on there. i made custom ones really as i am trying to use a thumb brake and foot brake and the OEM rear master will not fit on OEM sets. you need to be a little closer to the front for clearance and get creative like a CRF master or something

·
Registered
510 Posts
Oh my ... 4+ years since the last post!

And the seller is a BANNED forum member who seems universally mistrusted (hated??)
4 years and change.

From his couple responses I wouldn't doubt that he was disliked.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Annnnu chance you still have this for sale?
WOW! man this is one hell of a first post and of all threads to dig up from the past:rolleyes:
You my friend are batting 1000

But I do like the look of the CBR1k tail, one of these day I may have to look into that.

Check with RC-Devil, he has a few choice exhaust setups for sale

1 - 11 of 11 Posts