RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 rc51 with no mods except about 200 miles ago I put a K&N filters in and have not had any problems unti I got it out last fri when I turned the key and the F1 started to flash when I throttled it up some the light stayed on and acted like it wasnt getting enough gas My question is if I put a power commander on will that take care of the computer glitch by setting it up for more air mixture any help would be great Thanks

·
Registered
863 Posts
You need 2 things to figure out your problem.

1. Service manual
2. Jumper for the diagnostic cable in the trunk

Find the little green plug in the trunk just hangin out not plugged into anything. It will be coming out of the wire harness close to the ecu plugs. Get a piece of wire strip it at both ends and stick each end in the plug so it looks like you have a loop coming out of the plug. Turn the key on but don't start the bike. Read the # of times the FI light flashes and note the pauses. It will flash a certain amount of times and pause and flash some more. Then look at the service manual and match up the #'s you counted. That will tell you what the code is and what the problem is. Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tp Sensor

Thanks for the info I downloaded a service manual and did what you said it blinked 8 times paused a few seconds and repeated the manual said its a tp sensor loose wire or unplugged or short in wire will check out tommorow. If you know something to try other than that it would be much appreciated agian THANKS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts