RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who makes the best aftermarket fairings. I want it to look as original as I can. Thanks cheers

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't think there are very many choose from. I've only seen kits online like those from nicecycle.com but their website pics are the same as ebay sourced from China.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would be careful with Chinese Fairings. Previous owner of my bike bought a front cowl from China that I tried to install and it was not useable at all. Headlights did not line up with the screw locations and just threw the part away as "junk". It looked ok but impossible to install the lights. I don't want to pay $400+ for that OEM part but will not take a chance on a Chinese part after that experience.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
I don't think there are very many choose from. I've only seen kits online like those from nicecycle.com but their website pics are the same as ebay sourced from China.
Nicecycle blows. Don't waste your money.
I tried that route with my VFR-800 to replace broken OEM pieces when I bought it.

None of the Nicecycle pieces fit at all, the left lower cowl came pre-broken for my convenience (because it was all poorly packed in the single box), and so on.

The ONLY Nicecycle part that fit was the smoke grey windscreen, which came with the kit and which I didn't need.

I eventually trashed the lot and bought OEM. And Honda is VERY proud of their plastic. But it all fit as it should and of course, was very good quality.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would love to source an OEM faring! Does anyone know of a place to buy an OEM faring? I have looked and ALL I can find is that china BS

·
Registered
10 Posts
2002 SP2. I should have specified. Are there significant differences between farings throughout the years? I looked in the sticky's but didn't see farings available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My intention is to inquire about options to contribute to the original posters question. Specifically to Subsailor's comment about purchasing OEM. My thought is he purchased when OEM was still available? I don't want to hijack this thread. thank you.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Any talk about fairings will help the OP. The only difference between 00-04 fairings are decals. 00-01 fairings are all obsolete, 02 are obsolete, 03 left side lower obsolete, 04 right side lower obsolete, all 05-06 still available. All years will fit just different decals and colors. Best option is to find decent used and have painted re decaled. I have never seen an injection molded kit available from China, all compression molded. DHC makes fiberglass and carbon fairings. Air-tech and a couple other companies make race kits .

·
Registered
138 Posts
Any talk about fairings will help the OP. The only difference between 00-04 fairings are decals. 00-01 fairings are all obsolete, 02 are obsolete, 03 left side lower obsolete, 04 right side lower obsolete, all 05-06 still available. All years will fit just different decals and colors. Best option is to find decent used and have painted re decaled. I have never seen an injection molded kit available from China, all compression molded. DHC makes fiberglass and carbon fairings. Air-tech and a couple other companies make race kits .
03 seat cowl is also obsolete

·
Registered
68 Posts
The upper cowl oem for 2001 is showing available through partzilla.com Price is around $430. Part number is 64230-MCF-670ZB. I will buy that before I take a chance on a Chinese part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you. I am talking to DHC currently. Searching for a used faring has become very tiresome and unsuccessful. Mine is only scratched and you mentioned repainted and redecaled. I thought of this but who does this and where are the decals sourced? Again, I don't mean to digress however, many questions come up when repairing the current faring is attempted. I would prefer this route if I could find those answers. I guess it is beneficial to view the different years that are available and decide if I could match a right side from another year with my 2002 left side. Alternatively, I could buy both OEM from another year while I tried to repair my scratched right side...

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
fairings

These are stock fairings, came with the bike, so I do not know their pedigree but they are in great shape, let me know if interested, I'm going another way on the fairing...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Looks like everything with possible exception of the front fairing are OEM. I cannot tell if the enduro fairing is a filled head light hole or bought that way. I cannot find any evidence of a patch or head light hole being filled. Here's some more pics to assess suitability for what you want to do...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts