RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Hoping someone has experience with the ignition switch bypass on an SP-1. Finally got around to doing the bypass mod via the Rogue site, and the fan doesn't operate now. I know the Sp1 fans operate off of a temp switch vs. the Sp2 which is switched through the ECU. I know I can just wire a manual switch in of course but on track I find myself often not exactly paying enough attention to the temp gauge and know I could easily miss it when its getting to that 220 range. Anyone have anything they can add?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
did you connect the blue wire? there are three in the ignition switch. red is constant on, red/black feeds the bike, and the blue is for the fan. if you didn't tie the red/black and blue together the fan won't work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Wibbly,
No, just looked. I just looked and it appears I didn't. I'm sure that's the case though, looks like its solitary in the white connector that I used. It's wrapped and taped right now and I'm done for the night lol. Thanks so much man, I'll prob do it tomorrow and post results.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wibbly,
OK, couldn't help it, had to dig a bit. So, the Bl w/Orange stripe needs to splice in with the red on the same side just giving it constant 12v? Sorry, guess I'm being a bit lazy man.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excuse my ignorance but just want to verify before I go blowing fuses after soldering...essentially after the plug I created from that mod I just run a jumper from the red/blk on the other side of the connection to the blue/orange?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
in order to turn the bike on, you need to connect the red to the red/black and blue/orange

in order to turn the bike off, you need to disconnect the red and the red/black and blue/orange

the blue/orange can stay connected to the red/black in all conditions

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i have no idea what you are doing for a switch or how you have figured a way to do this, so talking about your "plug" doesn't help me. i'm just telling you what has to happen electrically.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts