RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Please, every one post

On the I'm sure that I'm not the only one here that cash is not the most abundant thing for them.
With my bike being stock. I would like to hear what the rest us have and what's there "Favorite mod" with a brief why.
This could be very usefull for the ones of us that are behind the power curve:p in the mod list categorie, to choose what to get next. I know there's many little tricks to making our bikes handel better and have more power. I already have a PC3USB at the top of my wish list with Satos, OneTurn snorkel/air box setup on there too, but let's make it longer.
Sorry about the thread jack man
James

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My favorite thing that was done to my bike when i got it has to be the exhaust, something about a V twin with exhaust that opens up the note that much more.

As for low to medium budget mods im really itching to put some HIDs in there and at the same time possibly convert to dual low beams, hid is plenty bright enough to compensate for lack of a "bright"

I am also contemplating some throttlemeister cruise control if i dont do HIDs

·
Registered
159 Posts
On the RC the exhaust is my favorite because, well ......we all know why.

But in general, I usually tell people Steel braided brake lines are the best performance bang for the buck.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i said rear shock because it transformed the way the bike handled. Dan Kyle set me up with a spring that is matched to my weight. Not to mention it's fully adjustable. I kind of lumped them together because I did them at the same time but the suspension link adds rear ride height which makes the bike turn in faster. Check out rc51 parts.com and I think he has the suspension link for 250 bucks. A rear ohlins is super expensive but for 250 bucks you can make your bike a much easier bike to turn in.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
For me, the most bang for the buck, a sprocket conversion. I have a 520 and 15/42 setup. Lost about 1 pound and the ratio is better for my riding style, street and back highways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts