RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think that with the polar vortex my heat went out in my garage and the engine in my rc froze (track bike, no antifreeze) I'm not sure if I'm gonna tear it down first to verify or not but just trying to see if anyone has a spare engine for a sp2 (2002) and how much it will cost me, shipping would be to illinois (60098) worst case I might end up parting this bike out or selling as is for a loss
Thanks all
M.J.N.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Ouch. Never a good thing to hear. There are a few part outs on the for sale subforum so check there. That and ebay.

They do come up with some regularity too.

GL.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
That really sucks. I just spent a day running all over town to find a heater for my garage because I just switched to water in my bike for the track...and then the temperature suddenly dropped.

I had a previous post about a guy parting out his bike...he is still has the engine...shipped out of Denver.

You can give him a try.

Hope you get it sorted out.

http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41721

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Maybe you'll be lucky and it's still OK. Start it and see - check the oil & coolant afterwards. Fingers crossed for you... But if not, hold out for & find a decent SP2 engine. They're out there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it s*cks I have the thermostat set to 40*f which usually is enough to keep everything fine, but we had days this winter that it dropped from the mid thirties to neg 20's in a matter of an hour and it just couldn't keep up. The real killer is that the bike was so nice, it only has 6k org miles, has been a track bike since it was six months old ( first owner lightly dropped it and sold it after getting it fixed with under 1k on the odo.) ever since that it has been meticulously maintained by track riders and racers.
The oil looks like a frappachino so I'm pretty sure it is done but the radiators are still full, I didn't use it last year at all so there is a .000000001% chance that it is from condensation but I'm thinking that is just wishful thinking
M.J.N.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts