RC51 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
The CF front mudguard has just been delivered for my SP2 and I see that it has not hardware fitted (the metal insert with the M6 stud that is riveted in place, that will hold the brake-line clamps).
Please can you advise where to get these parts in the UK, and while we're here, what are they even called ?
Automotive design Carbon Composite material Bicycle part Peripheral

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi guys,
The CF front mudguard has just been delivered for my SP2 and I see that it has not hardware fitted (the metal insert with the M6 stud that is riveted in place, that will hold the brake-line clamps).
Please can you advise where to get these parts in the UK, and while we're here, what are they even called ?
View attachment 136856
Yeah I did the same. Tyga CF fenders were great price so got one. Since I fitted a custom Spiegler brake line it doesn’t really need those guide. If you must have them you just need to drill out the rivet holding them onto the OEM fender, then rivet them on your new fender.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
246 Posts
I never used them when i upgraded to stainless braided hoses so wouldn’t bother about them, it’s also another excuse to swap oe hoses for a set of goodridge or hel hoses

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
I would suggest, the best way to fix your issue..
Drill out the rivet.
remove from mudguard (front fender)
pop- rivet back on the new mudguard (front fender)
This part isn't available separate from HONDA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, gents.
I'll use as is until I get SS braided hoses.
Apologies for the late response; I was lucky enough to be on my first holiday in 2 years.
Saw some fantastic hairpins / switch-backs in the french / Swiss Alps.
Hmmmmm...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts