RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 sp1 is flashing FI 8 times pause then 8 more times. Looking for any trouble shooting ideas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also changed the battery the other day and ran out of gas last night. Problems started this morning. If that has anything to do with it...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I disconnected the battery and it seemed to clear the code. No flashing when the key is turned and it's not on when running at idle. I have not done a test ride yet. My friend told me it was because I ran out of gas and to run some fuel injector cleaner through the tank. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Arizona and I know it's not a great summer bike but what should normal running temp be when outside temps are over 105?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Disconnecting the battery won't do anything.

Running out of fuel has nothing to do with the TPS

In hot weather it will run up to 220 when the fans come on, and then probably stay somewhere around there unless you're on the open highway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im not sure what it was then? Just took her for a test ride, about 15 minutes and it seems to be running fine now. Weird!

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
You may want to record that code somewhere, then use the service jumper to clear the stored codes from your ecu. That way, if you get a code in the future, your ecu will only show current codes. Not old ones that are irrelevant.
If I'm not mistaken, the ecu will store codes in the order they happened. So the first one you see is the latest, and it descends from there.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts