RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a fi code that stays on while riding... its fi 10 code.. one long flash.... 5 seconds or so nothing, another long flash and it repeats... anyone know what this is?

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
First off, do yourself a big favor and download the service manual in PDF format.
A wise investment as it's the bible for your bike.
http://www.rc51.info/index.php?page=service

Secondly, a fault code 10 means a BARO sensor or related wiring/connection problem.

The BARO sensor is mounted on the front of the snorkel.
The bike will run, but the ECU will default to a base barometric pressure value of sea level (29.92 in/hg).

Not much of a problem in lowland areas, but if you live in mountainous areas, the air/fuel calculations will be skewed towards the rich side due to less oxygen at altitude.

I would check the connection to the sensor to ensure it's not loose or damaged.
Also, I would suggest buying a tube of dielectric tuneup grease at an auto parts store and placing a dab inside the female side of the connector before reconnecting.
That stuff is wonderful for preventing moisture related corrosion/tarnish on connector pins.
Especially in humid areas or if caught in rain showers.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Have you looked at it yet? Pg
If you're certain the sensor is faulty, just replace it. But then again, as I understood SubSailor, maybe it doesn't matter at all since you're at 10 feet above sea level.
If you want to clear all the DTC's from your ECU so your light goes off, Go to page 5-8 of the service manual that SubSailor gave the link for.
Page 5-25 will guide you through testing the BARO sensor.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
bro, page 5 - 8 on any of the manuals give me shit for what fi codes mean. i know where the baro sencer is... but i need a char with all the codes.
Oh, my bad, I thought we were past that. I thought you knew to test the baro sensor since it was explained in SubSailors first post. I was trying to help by showing you where to look to clear past codes. That way, if it pops back on, you know you still have a problem.
No need to get pissy. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts