RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking for a bit of advice or a shove in the right direction.

I have a 2004 RC51 that was running fine. I took the bike out to wax it and start it up to cycle the fuel and oil through the engine. When I turned the key I did not hear the fuel pump cycle. When I looked down at the FI light it would flash one long and two short.
I checked the fuel cut out relay and changed it with the high beam relay and it made no difference. I have not checked the bank angle sensor still have that to located and check.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I did not jumper the service connector as the FI light seems to flash the code once the key is turned on.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Further investigation has the following result:

-Bank angle sensor relay clicking when key is turned on and kill switch in run position.
- Fuel Cut out relay not clicking (dead) when key is turned on and kill switch in run position.
replaced both relays separately with headlight relay and same condition occurs fuel pump is not priming.

Does this mean I have a bad BAS ?

jumped service connector and following codes were displayed
9 short
2 long

Note I have never had a problem with this bike in the 3 years I have owned it so these may be old codes.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You need to determine what you are observing. Sounds like two codes. Could be 10 and 19, or 9 and 20. Read the service manual and follow that info for the codes.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You can remove the bank angle sensor and I think jumping the wires are a way to test it if will start otherwise.

2 short is the MAP sensor vaccuum tubes or the sensor.

9 short is the IAT sensor or wiring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kwtoxman...thank you for this. I appreciate your help.

I will circle back when I find the problem......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts