RC51 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I picked up the bike from the shop (same shop that informed me I need new fork seals and a new clutch) and after paying $133 for them to pretty much asses the issue.........they tell me that the FI light is staying on because the "dealer plug is fouled or grounded"?? But they can't find the plug.

Does anyone have the slightest idea as to what this means? He said there's a plug that the dealership can use to scan, asses, etc. And that this plug seems to be messed up (hence the constantly lit FI light) but that they could not locate the plug.

This was not an issue when I bought the bike and am just wondering what I did to start this. Should I possibly just recconect the battery and see what happens.

I'm also a little miffed at paying $133 for them to do pretty much nothing..........

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Look for a green two-pole connector. That's the service connector.
It's the only "service" jumper I know of.
It's in the rear section on an SP1 and under the seat on an SP2.
Check if it's jumpered somehow. If so, pull the jumper (with ignition off) and see if it goes out.
I don't know about you, but they're not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My FI light just came on today as well. I will have to look at this tomorrow and I will post what I find.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, I was told to go there by a guy I met in town but just wasn't really impressed. I didn't get a work order or anything when I left, just a little receipt. For all I know they didn't do anything at all...................

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so I checked the plug. Everything is hooked up correctly (as for as I can tell) I rode about 40 miles today and the bike seems to be working great. But the light is really bugging me. Any thought on how to reset or get rid of the SOLID FI light being on?

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Ok, so I checked the plug. Everything is hooked up correctly (as for as I can tell) I rode about 40 miles today and the bike seems to be working great. But the light is really bugging me. Any thought on how to reset or get rid of the SOLID FI light being on?
If you jumper the green service connector and turn the key on, what are the blink codes the ECU's telling you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts